Advice

Old Sep 4th 2022, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Alil20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice

Hello! First post so please be gentle with me! My husband (canadian) and i (british) currently live in scotland. He has dual citizenship. We are tentatively considering a move back to his native BC. What would me and our kids need in term of paperwork to do this? Just starting to think about it and no clue what the first step would be? Any pointers greatfully received! Thank you!
Old Sep 5th 2022, 3:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice

Hi

Originally Posted by Alil20
Hello! First post so please be gentle with me! My husband (canadian) and i (british) currently live in scotland. He has dual citizenship. We are tentatively considering a move back to his native BC. What would me and our kids need in term of paperwork to do this? Just starting to think about it and no clue what the first step would be? Any pointers greatfully received! Thank you!
1. Were the children born overseas when your husband was a citizen? Sounds like it. You have to apply for proof of citizenship and a Canadian passport. See:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tizenship.html
2. Your spouse can sponsor you while residing overseas, he would have to include a statement as to the plans for accommodation and work when a COPR (visa) is issued to you. The forms and requirements are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-children.html
Old Sep 5th 2022, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, that's really helpful. Yes, the kids were both born in the UK while he was a citizen. So apply for citizenship for them, and then their passports once they have citizenship? Then he can sponsor the 3 of us? Thanks for posting those links, I'll go and have a proper read 👍
Old Sep 5th 2022, 8:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alil20
Thank you, that's really helpful. Yes, the kids were both born in the UK while he was a citizen. So apply for citizenship for them, and then their passports once they have citizenship? Then he can sponsor the 3 of us? Thanks for posting those links, I'll go and have a proper read 👍
Your children are already Canadian citizens, they don't need sponsoring. So it's just you, he'll need to sponsor you for Permanent Residency. I'd recommend grabbing a cuppa and having a good read of the Wiki, there's some excellent info in there on spousal sponsorship.

Good luck.
Old Sep 5th 2022, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Your children are already Canadian citizens, they don't need sponsoring. So it's just you, he'll need to sponsor you for Permanent Residency. I'd recommend grabbing a cuppa and having a good read of the Wiki, there's some excellent info in there on spousal sponsorship.

Good luck.
Thank you for the info. I will deffo sit down and have a good read of the Wiki. Thanks!
Old Sep 12th 2022, 1:14 am
cpu
Just Joined

cpu is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what you'll be looking to do: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/inform...ons/spouse.asp
Processing time at the moment looks to be about 2 years so make a few more cups of tea.