Advice

Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:30 am
rsp
still waiting

rsp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice

I have applied for PR from London, When (zzzzzzzzzzzz) eventually it does come through, In what time period do I have to go to Canada to get my Visa (passport etc) stamped for landed status? Do I have to stay there for any lenghth of time and does all my family who are moving with me have to accompany me on this trip.
The reason I ask is I obviously have assets, job schooling etc to worry about. I will have to sort these out once I now I have been successful in my application.

Thamk you for any assistance
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:23 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice

Your PR visas will be valid for up to 12 months from medicals (or less if any passport expires sooner) and you all must land before expiration date of visas. You may land separately providing that principal applicant lands first.

In order to maintain your PR status each of you must physically reside in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5 years period.

Originally Posted by rsp
I have applied for PR from London, When (zzzzzzzzzzzz) eventually it does come through, In what time period do I have to go to Canada to get my Visa (passport etc) stamped for landed status? Do I have to stay there for any lenghth of time and does all my family who are moving with me have to accompany me on this trip.
The reason I ask is I obviously have assets, job schooling etc to worry about. I will have to sort these out once I now I have been successful in my application.

Thamk you for any assistance
Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:46 pm
rsp
still waiting

rsp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Your PR visas will be valid for up to 12 months from medicals (or less if any passport expires sooner) and you all must land before expiration date of visas. You may land separately providing that principal applicant lands first.

In order to maintain your PR status each of you must physically reside in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5 years period.
Thanks for your advice, but please could you clarify the following.
If on receipt of PR my passport expires within six months, then do I have to go within this six month period or can I obtain a new passport and show my valid visa on my old passport. or do you suggest I renew my passports in the meantime prior to medicals.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by rsp
Thanks for your advice, but please could you clarify the following.
If on receipt of PR my passport expires within six months, then do I have to go within this six month period or can I obtain a new passport and show my valid visa on my old passport. or do you suggest I renew my passports in the meantime prior to medicals.
Your COPR will be valid for 1 year after the date of your medical or TO THE EXPIRY date of the passport, which ever comes first. So renew your passport and send details to London.

PMM