Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Additional Supporting Documentation for Skilled Worker Application

Additional Supporting Documentation for Skilled Worker Application

Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:27 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Default Additional Supporting Documentation for Skilled Worker Application

Hi Guys,

I have the checklist from the London Office of what supporting information needs to be sent with an application. I seem to remember reading that this is the 'minimum' supporting documentation. A few people have mentioned composing Canadian Style CV's, which is not included on the London Checklist.

What additional information are people submitting?

Cheers
Helen
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:52 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional Supporting Documentation for Skilled Worker Application

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
What additional information are people submitting?

We had sent loads of additional info, but this was mainly stuff that changed after our PR application was filed - missing references, job changes/new contracts of employment etc. We did send an updated proof of funds, which was our bank statements, as before that we had only sent house valuation, mortgage statement etc as cashflow evidence.

The stuff that really makes a difference, like in our case, was proof of professional certification to Canadian requirements, including copies of correspondence and confirmation papers, then as things progressed, copy of job offer and relocation package (not for points under arranged employment but for offer of employment factor).

We also enclosed in our final set of info, a letter detailing the two research trips we have undertaken to two different parts of BC with positive experiences, explanation of what we looked for (local amenities, services, leisure activities, transportation, immigrant settlement services in the locality, etc). Oh, and also a spreadsheet printout showing proof of ability to live (using estimated worst case scenario living costs compared against salary on job offer documents). All this SHOULD help the CIC officer see that we have spent time and effort researching Canada and that we know we can settle confortably and easily with the knowledge we have gained.

Hope this advice helps, you might be surprised how much extra info you can gather over the months after your PR application !

Good luck,

Rich.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:11 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rich_007
We had sent loads of additional info, but this was mainly stuff that changed after our PR application was filed - missing references, job changes/new contracts of employment etc. We did send an updated proof of funds, which was our bank statements, as before that we had only sent house valuation, mortgage statement etc as cashflow evidence.

The stuff that really makes a difference, like in our case, was proof of professional certification to Canadian requirements, including copies of correspondence and confirmation papers, then as things progressed, copy of job offer and relocation package (not for points under arranged employment but for offer of employment factor).

We also enclosed in our final set of info, a letter detailing the two research trips we have undertaken to two different parts of BC with positive experiences, explanation of what we looked for (local amenities, services, leisure activities, transportation, immigrant settlement services in the locality, etc). Oh, and also a spreadsheet printout showing proof of ability to live (using estimated worst case scenario living costs compared against salary on job offer documents). All this SHOULD help the CIC officer see that we have spent time and effort researching Canada and that we know we can settle confortably and easily with the knowledge we have gained.

Hope this advice helps, you might be surprised how much extra info you can gather over the months after your PR application !

Good luck,

Rich.
Thanks Rich.

Anybody else?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:32 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Rich.
Hi Rich - some good advice here. We are one year in with our application and I know that there are a few things that I wish I had sent in originally. I was planning on getting some new CRB checks done in the summer (advised by rep from CHC at Sandown exhibition) that we would need new ones and it would be a good idea to do them before being asked.

I think when we send those back in I may crib some of your ideas and send some more stuff about the additional research we have done, etc etc. Thanks for the post - very useful.

Jen
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

jordan123 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Hi Rich - some good advice here. We are one year in with our application and I know that there are a few things that I wish I had sent in originally. I was planning on getting some new CRB checks done in the summer (advised by rep from CHC at Sandown exhibition) that we would need new ones and it would be a good idea to do them before being asked.

I think when we send those back in I may crib some of your ideas and send some more stuff about the additional research we have done, etc etc. Thanks for the post - very useful.

Jen
Hi Jen,

What does CRB stand for - sorry if this is a silly question.

Did you get any other usrful info from CHC at Sanddown?

Thx
Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:23 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Much as I agree with Rich that there are some additional docs that would help to support application,and all cases are different. But just remember they have hundreds of pieces of paper sent in with each application. They have set criteria they ask for to ensure you get through simply by passmark, Job description, work experience, education language etc. Concise answers to their questions and all requested documents is what I think they will look at first and foremost. If they want more they will ask,
If at the applcation stage you felt you left out things they asked for , or did not have available at the time. then sending them later may be OK.
But they do day to send a completed application, not "send what you have got then keep sending as and when you feel like it."
They tell you or your agent not to contact them unecessarily. They are actually quite firm about it on their website.
Also all the relevant paper information for the immigration officer assessing your case gets put into the system by a clerk it appears, Then it is all trashed. They keep nothing but the main application, and in the end that is stores in microfilm. The only send back originals. I cannot see the clerk, feeding all fact finding visits, house valuations, etc into the computer at every time.

Many people emigrate having never visited a country, if you had doubts as we all do if you have done something wrong, or forgotten something then you are human!

To have actually sent the application, I expect you had read it three times minimum. Picked it up, put it down, got a friend to check it, and even hesitated putting it in the post box, out of worry! We all have.
we bought a house out there, but have been told they are not interested that we have done so! We were advised to notify then about it, but was told it would not affect their decision one bit!
Even getting a job there does not mean you will get a visa.

In Rich's case he had a job offer, so he may have more relevant stuff.
I am applying for new police certificates though, as we are at nearly 13months from AOr, and it just helps should they ask for new ones. i am not sending them until asked though.Incase they ask for more stuff, I don't see the point.

Originally Posted by Jenwren

Jen
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:20 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by gooding
Concise answers to their questions and all requested documents is what I think they will look at first and foremost.
That makes sense to me.

From my current employer I was unable to get a letter confirming the details as requested. However they have complied with the data protection act and allowed me to have copies of anything on my file. However this means instead of having one letter I have about 20 bits of paper, which in the end contains all the information I need. I was looking at it earlier, thinking will the immigration officer be able to find the relevant bits? I would have thought if they wanted more they would have asked for it in the checklist, and like you say they will ask at a later stage if needed.

Thanks
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jordan123
What does CRB stand for - sorry if this is a silly question.
CRB = Criminal Records Bureau
Its an enhanced police check - and it costs more and takes longer than a normal police check. I do a lot voluntary work and as I already had an app in with the CRB, I didn't get the normal police check done...4 months later when the CRB still couldn't tell me what was going wrong, I applied for the normal police check - which only took 2 weeks and seems to have been sufficient. BTW, there was nothing wrong with my CRB app, it appears that they had filed some additional info they had asked for and not updated their computers for the app to move on...
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

jordan123 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by allie2
CRB = Criminal Records Bureau
Its an enhanced police check - and it costs more and takes longer than a normal police check. I do a lot voluntary work and as I already had an app in with the CRB, I didn't get the normal police check done...4 months later when the CRB still couldn't tell me what was going wrong, I applied for the normal police check - which only took 2 weeks and seems to have been sufficient. BTW, there was nothing wrong with my CRB app, it appears that they had filed some additional info they had asked for and not updated their computers for the app to move on...
Thx for the info!