Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Additional Family info (IMM5406 Form)

Additional Family info (IMM5406 Form)

Old Jul 8th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

tipmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Additional Family info (IMM5406 Form)

Dear experts,

I have received conifmation from CIC that I now qualify to sponsor parents. As the sponsor, do I also have fill out The Additional Family information Form (IMM5406 Form) that they are sent? One form for myself as well?

Also, do they inlcude me in each of those forms as either a son or a brother?

Thank you all for your input
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:18 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional Family info (IMM5406 Form)

There is a guide on the CIC website that set out what forms and documents you as sponsor must supply. Another guide gives the same information for the applicant(s) you are sponsoring. You follow the first one and your relative(s) follow the second. You can find it at www.cic.gc.ca

Last edited by Jim Humphries; Jul 8th 2007 at 7:23 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

tipmaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jim for the follow up... Just wanted to clarify that I did follow the first guide and received confirmation from CIC that I qualify for sponsoring parents.

As indicated in my questions, I sent them their forms...and the issue is with form IMM5406 which they are supposed to fill. One for each family member, listing children and siblings...does my fathr have to include me which the list of his children, although I am no longer a dependent. And do my sibling have to include in same form as their brother....though I am sposoring them...

Again thanks for your time and consideration
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:04 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Your father will obviously include you on his form but there are no forms for you to fill out in his stack! You are done with that.