Additional docs , advice needed.

Old May 2nd 2005, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road
Default Additional docs , advice needed.

Here is the summary of my case.

-Received request for Medicals and additional docs in July,04. Sent all requested docs and medicals within 2 weeks.
- 8 months later (in March '05) ordered CAIPS only to know that CIC is expecting Police Certificate (from native country) + Funds statement from last 8 months (Since July '04). I never received such letter but after seeing CAIPS report i start quest for Police Cert. Now i have been notified by my mother , Certificate is ready and i will have it this week.

My question --> , along with PC and Funds statements , do i need to attach some letter explaining why it took me so long to send these 2 docs. Should i mention I never received any letter requesting these 2 docs . My medicals will be expiring on 31 July. In your opinion will I be able to get some extension ? I really want my case to be delayed a bit but still i dont want them to close my file and send refusal letter to me.
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:23 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional docs , advice needed.

Originally Posted by orazone
Here is the summary of my case.

-Received request for Medicals and additional docs in July,04. Sent all requested docs and medicals within 2 weeks.
- 8 months later (in March '05) ordered CAIPS only to know that CIC is expecting Police Certificate (from native country) + Funds statement from last 8 months (Since July '04). I never received such letter but after seeing CAIPS report i start quest for Police Cert. Now i have been notified by my mother , Certificate is ready and i will have it this week.

My question --> , along with PC and Funds statements , do i need to attach some letter explaining why it took me so long to send these 2 docs. Should i mention I never received any letter requesting these 2 docs . My medicals will be expiring on 31 July. In your opinion will I be able to get some extension ? I really want my case to be delayed a bit but still i dont want them to close my file and send refusal letter to me.

Mention in your covering letter that you did not receive a request for these documents but that they are shown in the CAIPS record as outstanding.
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:32 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

I would also suggest adding most recent bank statement and updated employment letter as well as copies of W-2's (if you work in US).

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Mention in your covering letter that you did not receive a request for these documents but that they are shown in the CAIPS record as outstanding.
Old May 2nd 2005, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

Jim and Andrew,
Thanks very much. I appreciate your prompt response . Yes, i work in US and I am going to attach copy of W2 and tax return document that i filed last month.
Old May 2nd 2005, 2:00 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Tax return would be an overkill, W-2's are enough.

Originally Posted by orazone
Jim and Andrew,
Thanks very much. I appreciate your prompt response . Yes, i work in US and I am going to attach copy of W2 and tax return document that i filed last month.