Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Adding new baby to the Application

Adding new baby to the Application

Old Apr 11th 2002, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Future Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adding new baby to the Application

This is my timeline :

sent the application from the US (for me and my wife) 10/01/2000
(Independent class - Buffalo center)
recieved AOR 11/27/2000
recieved interview waiver and medical forms 03/16/2001
did the medicals 03/24/2001
they recieved my backgroung check 02/07/2002

My wife gave birth to our baby on 01/30/2002 in the US, so we sent them on 02/17/2002 my baby's birth certificate and the processing fee in order to amend the baby to our application. until now we haven't recieved the baby's medical forms!!!
I called them (before they ended the calling option) and they told me that they have sent a question to ottowa in order to see if they can extend our medical results or if we need to under go them again along with our baby...but they haven't recieved any answer yet.

Now here are the questions:
It's almost 2 months since we sent them the birth certificate and the fees, but we haven't recieved anything yet, is this normal?I feel it is taking forever, even if they are waiting for an answer from ottowa. I feel that If they have just sent us a new forms, maybe by now they might have recieved the results!!

what are the chances that they might extend our medical?

Has anyone had similar experience? If yes can you please share your experience and tell us what to expect?
Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 11th 2002, 6:30 pm
Webimmigration.

Default Re: Adding new baby to the Application

Hi:

There is not much that you can do but, wait for the medical forms for your baby.

If you have not heard from CIC within the next couple of months you may want to fax a
letter inquiring into the status of your application.

--
Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

"Future Canadian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > This is my timeline :
    >
    > sent the application from the US (for me and my wife) 10/01/2000 (Independent class
    > - Buffalo center) recieved AOR 11/27/2000 recieved interview waiver and medical
    > forms 03/16/2001 did the medicals
    > 03/24/2001 they recieved my backgroung check 02/07/2002
    >
    >
    > My wife gave birth to our baby on 01/30/2002 in the US, so we sent them on
    > 02/17/2002 my baby's birth certificate and the processing fee in order to amend
    > the baby to our application. until now we haven't recieved the baby's medical
    > forms!!! I called them (before they ended the calling option) and they told me
    > that they have sent a question to ottowa in order to see if they can extend our
    > medical results or if we need to under go them again along with our baby...but
    > they haven't recieved any answer yet.
    >
    > Now here are the questions: It's almost 2 months since we sent them the birth
    > certificate and the fees, but we haven't recieved anything yet, is this normal?I
    > feel it is taking forever, even if they are waiting for an answer from ottowa. I
    > feel that If they have just sent us a new forms, maybe by now they might have
    > recieved the results!!
    >
    > what are the chances that they might extend our medical?
    >
    > Has anyone had similar experience? If yes can you please share your experience and
    > tell us what to expect? Thanks in advance!
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com