Activation Of PR

Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Activation Of PR

Hi,
If we are lucky to get our COPR, I believe you have nine months to validate your PR card?
Is it from the date you land that you have to live in Canada for 2 out of 5 years rule comes into force.

Cheers
Arty & Family
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Activation Of PR

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi,
If we are lucky to get our COPR, I believe you have nine months to validate your PR card?
Is it from the date you land that you have to live in Canada for 2 out of 5 years rule comes into force.

Cheers
Arty & Family
Once you get your COPR forms then you must land within the timeframe before the COPR form expiry date. You dont get a PR card until you land in Canada and give them a Canadian address to have it sent to. The 730 day residency obligation starts on the day you land not when PR card expires or is issued.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Once you get your COPR forms then you must land within the timeframe before the COPR form expiry date. You dont get a PR card until you land in Canada and give them a Canadian address to have it sent to. The 730 day residency obligation starts on the day you land not when PR card expires or is issued.
Hi FL,
thanks for the fast reply,do you have any idea how long you get within the timeframe before the COPR expires.

Cheers Arty & Family
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

No idea. The rules just changed so people becoming PRs from non visa requiring countries no longer get an Immigrant visa in their passports as that used to have the expiry date. Ive heard of them being valid from a couple of months to 10 months. Meds are only valid for 12 months and also depends on when the passport expires. If not completely ready to move then you can fly in and do the landing then fly back to tie up loose ends but if no Canadian address supplied then no PR card. Must supply address within 180 days of landing.
Read this link regarding goods and goods to follow etc etc
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...d2-2-1-eng.pdf

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Jun 2nd 2012 at 11:56 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi
2 months fingers crossed we are nearer the 10 just incase things dont pan out as fast as we had hoped.Passport are only a couple of months old,meds done last week and an address in Canada should not be a problem.

Thanks for the link.

Arty & Family
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 1:33 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You have one year from the date of your medicals to actually land as PR's, so once you receive COPR you will have whatever time is left from the date of your meds to a year later, this date will be on the copr I believe

fingers x you get copr soon, to allow as long as possible for you to "land"
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi

You have one year from the date of your medicals to actually land as PR's, so once you receive COPR you will have whatever time is left from the date of your meds to a year later, this date will be on the copr I believe

The date is written on the COPR .
For us and a friend of ours, the date on the COPR was equivelent to one year since we had our medicals.
We had 5 weeks to activate the PR, my friend has 7 weeks, but I believe some people have a longer and possibly shorter time frame in which to do this.

Last edited by Mad Jockette; Jun 2nd 2012 at 2:22 pm. Reason: info correction.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Hi Nikki,
cheers for the reply ,fingers crossed we will know sooner rather than later one way or another.Still wont believe that we have PR till we see it in black and white.
Hope you and the clan are doing well ,will definately see you guys sometime this year.With loads of contraband (Cadbury's)me thinks.
Arty & Family
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
The date is written on the COPR .
For us and a friend of ours, the date on the COPR was equivelent to one year since we had our medicals.
We had 5 weeks to activate the PR, my friend has 7 weeks, but I believe some people have a longer and possibly shorter time frame in which to do this.
Hi Mad Jockette,
bloody hell not much time to play with there,but we cant complain if we are lucky enough to get PR.There are so many other's who have been let down by the system and others who are just starting out.I doubt I could go through all that again, nah quick slap to the head yes I could and would.
Cheers for your reply.
Arty & Family
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi Mad Jockette,
bloody hell not much time to play with there,but we cant complain if we are lucky enough to get PR.There are so many other's who have been let down by the system and others who are just starting out.I doubt I could go through all that again, nah quick slap to the head yes I could and would.
Cheers for your reply.
Arty & Family
Hi Arty & Family
We are in Canada as you can see, so making the trip to the border for us wasn't a big problem. I do hope you hear soon and have a bit more notice than us.
I agree I would go through it again if I had to, we are loving it here.

Good luck to you and all the others going through the processes.

MJ & family
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:59 am
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Our meds were in Nov 2011, our COPR issued mid May 2012 we had to land by Sept 30 2012. And no passport were due to expire. Just a random date Most people already here will want to land asap, we did within 6 days of receiving COPRs
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Our meds were in Nov 2011, our COPR issued mid May 2012 we had to land by Sept 30 2012. And no passport were due to expire. Just a random date Most people already here will want to land asap, we did within 6 days of receiving COPRs
Hi Snowcandy,
thanks for your reply.

Arty & Family