Activating your PR

Old Sep 27th 2020, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

blahblahla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Activating your PR

Hi All,

Recently received my CoPR. In normal circumstances, I understand I'd be able to fly in and activate my PR. However, my letter contains the following:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada.

I am married to a Canadian citizen and applied as their spouse, so according to the immigration website, I am eligible to fly to Canada and take up my PR, but this sentence seems to suggest otherwise. Anyone know what this means?

For reference, I will be settling in Quebec. I am aware of the quarantine restrictions and have a plan in place!
Old Sep 27th 2020, 2:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Activating your PR

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration....html#approved

Essentially, you can't travel just to 'land', you must only travel when you're moving permanently.

HTH.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 10:45 am
Just Joined

blahblahla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!

Another question - would anyone know if you need to have your CSQ with you when you land, in addition to the CoPR? The CSQ was sent to my spouse (who lives in Quebec) rather than me, so would need to be sent over to me if it's needed at immigration.
Old Sep 30th 2020, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blahblahla
Thanks!

Another question - would anyone know if you need to have your CSQ with you when you land, in addition to the CoPR? The CSQ was sent to my spouse (who lives in Quebec) rather than me, so would need to be sent over to me if it's needed at immigration.
Depends on the CBSA officer? Although not mandatory I would certainly ask to see it and wonder why it is not in your possession due to Quebec having their own policies about who can Immigrate into that Province.