Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

"Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence"...Just wait now?

"Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence"...Just wait now?

Old Jun 3rd 2017, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

largy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence"...Just wait now?

Hello folks,

I received my Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence on February 20th 2017, so far i cant see anything else i can do!

Now im not 100% sure so please correct me if im wrong but i dont remember seeing the attached screen before i submitted my forms...or maybe im just hoping for some indication of progress?!

So im just asking if there is anything i can/need to do...other then continue to wait...and wait. Also does the attached screen mean that i am all good so far whilst they carry out their last checks?

Much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails "Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence"...Just wait now?-screen-shot-2017-06-03-14.02.02.png  
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence"...Just wait no

That all sounds very generic.

But if it's any consolation our status never changed then one day our COPR arrived in the mail.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence"...Just wait no

"We will send you a message if we need more information from you ... We will send you a message if this changes ... We do not need additional documents ... We will send you a message once the final decision has been made".

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and guess they'll send you a message if you need to do anything?

Joking aside, those are the default messages for everything. They're not kidding when they say they'll let you know when something happens, either because they need it from you, or because they're done.

I understand the obsessive status checking (I *think* I always kept mine below 4x a day), but when every line tells you there's nothing you need to do, there's not much doubt about what you need to do at this point.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light

Get yourself a book as you'll be waiting a good 6 months before they ask for the next fee, another 6 before they ask for a medical and another 6 before you might get PR.

I have never had an email off them when anything changes like medical going from required to received to passed, only when they need me to submit a document, payment receipt or the actual medical.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 8:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiowan
Get yourself a book as you'll be waiting a good 6 months before they ask for the next fee, another 6 before they ask for a medical and another 6 before you might get PR.
The OP has applied under EE, so will have already had his medical and should get PR within 6 months if everything is in order.

HTH.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all

theres a self updated tracker for visa applications here https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trac...idency-tracker (hope the link out is ok)

it looks like people update it as they go along, i've put mine in recently but i was April so dont expect much transit on mine yet, its kind of weird with so many people in the Feb stream seem to have gotten updates.

Don't know if you can send a letter in or anything
Old Jun 5th 2017, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

largy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your replies everyone who has (Sorry i usually get an email when someone responds to the thread)
Yes Dandnhill, it is consolation, any information is so thanks for sharing.

Lol, Vulcanoid the obsessive checking for nothing isn't helping, as you say they will contact me when they need to. The checking stops today!!

Yes Christmasoopma, medical, fees, language etc all done so hopefully by August i will hear something fingers crossed...

Cheers Megajamie, the link seems fine and when i get the chance i will take a browse.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
The OP has applied under EE, so will have already had his medical and should get PR within 6 months if everything is in order.

HTH.
The first update I got was after 2 months to say we had passed the medical. Nothing since then (1 month ago).
Old Jun 6th 2017, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

MelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond reputeMelVan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
The first update I got was after 2 months to say we had passed the medical. Nothing since then (1 month ago).
Same for me - nothing since medical passed in April. I am being processed in Ottawa.

I'm trying to check ecas and MyCIC only once a week. But then I read this thread and lapse!
Old Jun 7th 2017, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad

Same situation with me, 2 months afters submitting I had an update saying I passed the medical.
Old Jun 7th 2017, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MegaJamie
theres a self updated tracker for visa applications here https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trac...idency-tracker (hope the link out is ok)
I was literally just checking this site.

If you filter by FSW-Outland (or whichever is applicable to you) and sort by e-AOR date, you can see roughly which e-AOR dates are currently having their medicals checked (6/7 April), and which dates are being changed to PPR's (11/12 Jan).

Of course the danger here is if you don't get your status update as expected by this tracker, it could end up stressing you out a lot!