Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

about to send passports - quick question

about to send passports - quick question

Old Jul 28th 2011, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default about to send passports - quick question

we got PPR this am

All the processing was completed in Bufallo but the instructions for mailing the passports are :

if your address is in canada send to Ontario and states enclosing a canada posts exprespost-national envelope for them to be returned in.

BUT if you intend to use a courier send them to the buffalo address

so my question's are:

why wouldnt you send them to the original processing place (buffalo)?
what has ontario got to do with it at this point?
If i chose to send the passports by the Xpresspost-National Service is this classed as the courier service in which case im sending them to buffalo right?

am i making this too complicated, i dont want to get it wrong at this stage because i need them returned asap as my step son has to fly back to the uk in 5 weeks from now.

what has anyone else done

thanks in advanced, oh and i did say i would be having a few drinks to celebrate so may just be letting the wine get to my thought process too much
Old Jul 28th 2011, 2:49 am
Just Joined

debby66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: about to send passports - quick question

Hi,
we were told to send our passports to ottawa by buffalo as we lived in canada.
I fully recommend sending them by expresspost,you have a tracking number and fast delivery.
i wouldnt send them back to buffalo as it can take longer to process.
We got our passports back in 2 weeks,so it was a pretty quick turnaround.
Congratulations on your p.r.
citizenship next.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: about to send passports - quick question

Originally Posted by debby66
Hi,
we were told to send our passports to ottawa by buffalo as we lived in canada.
I fully recommend sending them by expresspost,you have a tracking number and fast delivery.
i wouldnt send them back to buffalo as it can take longer to process.
We got our passports back in 2 weeks,so it was a pretty quick turnaround.
Congratulations on your p.r.
citizenship next.
thanks debbi66

i just found the instructions a bit confusing or contradictory. thanks for the advice and were enjoying the rest of the day knowing those visas are almost ours

kae