about PIN sent by Buffalo

Old Jan 8th 2002, 10:33 pm
Anna Krasnoperova

I heard from a friend of mine and also from some people here in the newsgroup that
Buffalo consulate is sending out some PIN numbers in addition to file number (AOR).

A friend of mine applied from Canada in August 2001, got an AOR in October and in
December he got another letter with this PIN number which he is supposed to provide
along with (file number) when contacting the consulate.

We applied (from Canada where my husband currently works) in late June, received an
AOR in early October and got nothing since then, no PIN.

Can anybody explain what is this PIN and why we might not get one? Should we contact
the Buffalo consulate to find out? I did not call them because mentioned in AOR
letter 20 week assesment time had not passed yet and I did not want to bother them
more than necessary.

Best regards, Anna

Old Jan 9th 2002, 6:56 pm
Pmm

Hi Anna

>
    >
addition
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
consulate.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
we
    >
    >
did
    >
    >
    >

The PIN is for when you phone the telecentre for US cases 1-800-002-7037 so you can
identify yourself with the file number and PIN. Since Buffalo will not assess your
case for 20 weeks, all they have done is created a file so there will be nothing to
access through the telecentre. Once they have assessed you application you should
receive the PIN and the results at that time.

PMM