About immigration

Old Aug 16th 2001, 1:36 am
Nam

i got my Canadian PR last year as an independent category . i had my interview waived
. i stayed in canada for less than a week .during the year . so if i want to go back
to canada do i need to apply for immigration freshly . how long will it take this
around if i decide to apply to buffalo consulate .now.

Old Aug 16th 2001, 3:48 pm
David Cohen

>
    >
    >
    >

You may appear at a port of entry seeking re-admission as a permanent resident. At
such time, an immigration official may ask questions to determine if you had
abandoned Canada during your absence. If you can demonstrate that you did not have
the intention to abandon Canada as a the place of your permanent residence, your
status should remain intact.

If you feel that you had forfeited your status, you may reapply directly. A new
application in Buffalo would take approximately 6-14 months depending on the
requirement for a selection interview.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Aug 17th 2001, 12:57 am
Nam

I forgot to add that i applied for RRP .At LA consulate . they rejected it saying i
abandoned canada .They mentioned at the time of RRP interview that if u apply again
yor interview will be waived . is it true.

nam

David Cohen <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > i got my Canadian PR last year as an independent category . i had my interview[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > waived . i stayed in canada for less than a week .during the year . so if i want[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to go back to canada do i need to apply for immigration freshly . how long will[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > it take this around if i decide to apply to buffalo consulate .now.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >