Wikiposts

7216 Help

Old Mar 12th 2012, 1:27 am
Just Joined

lloyd31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 7216 Help

Hi

Sorry if i come off like ive not read up on this subject as i have,I'm just not clear,My trade comes under 7216 but when i do the online check ( CIC) It says i might get in as an entrepreneur? I'm married with two children and my patners trade is not on the list,Is this the problem? There seems to be plenty of jobs on offer in my trade (Fast fit manager) I would like to go to BC but will work anywhere ,My partner has worked in child care and was a manager she now works with the eldery

Any help or advise would be fantastic

Regards
Old Mar 12th 2012, 2:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7216 Help

Originally Posted by lloyd31
when i do the online check ( CIC) It says i might get in as an entrepreneur?
If you meet the criteria, then yes, you may do. You'll need to read up on the Entrepreneur program on the CIC website and decide for yourself if you do or not. Worth nothing though that the program is currently suspended, so you may be better of going down the FSW route instead if you qualify.

I'm married with two children and my patners trade is not on the list,Is this the problem?
No, it's not a problem. If you are applying as FSW, then only one of you needs a job on 'the list' (or a job offer approved by HRSDC). The other one would go as a dependent on the application.

Only thing is that 7216 is almost full, so unless you've already had your IELTS done and got your application package together, you're going to miss out. So do keep an eye on the list on 1st July to see if it's changed and if 7216 is still on it or not.

Good luck.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:22 am
Just Joined

Hi

Thankyou for your fast and helpfull reply,I didnt mention in my first post that the CIC check says that was my only route to apply!? Which is what has confused me,I dont have everything in place so its a case of getting ready for the 1st and sorting out our IELTS

I think i need to do some more reading

Thanks again

Regards
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for your fast and helpfull reply,I didnt mention in my first post that the CIC check says that was my only route to apply!? Which is what has confused me,I dont have everything in place so its a case of getting ready for the 1st and sorting out our IELTS
Are you sure you have enough points then? And that your job definitely comes under 7216 (i.e. you do the 'main duties' listed and can prove it)? If you have at least one year's experience in 7216 and meet the points score requirement (plus meet the other criteria i.e. proof of funds etc), you should be eligible to apply as FSW. Assuming of course, it's still on 'the list' in July.

Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Hi

Yes my job meets all for 7216,We have funds,We are in the best age section and ive got 10 years+ In my job,Maybe i should check the points again,with a job offer i was well over,Maybe i'm just under

Regards
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi

Yes my job meets all for 7216,We have funds,We are in the best age section and ive got 10 years+ In my job,Maybe i should check the points again,with a job offer i was well over,Maybe i'm just under

Regards
Do double check the points score, as maybe that was where the CIC website thought you didn't qualify. If you want to double check it you can post your calculations here.

Assuming 16 for English, 10 for age, 21 for work experience, that gives you 47, so you'll need another 20 from education/adaptability etc.

Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Hi

Ive got 2 years trade certificate (City and guilds) and over 14 years in my trade,Does that count for 20 points? as i only scored myself 5 points before for just finishing high school

Regards
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi

Ive got 2 years trade certificate (City and guilds) and over 14 years in my trade,Does that count for 20 points? as i only scored myself 5 points before for just finishing high school

Regards
The years in your trade make no difference to your education points, how many years formal education do you have? Was the 2 years city and guild a full-time diploma?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Hi

No it was one day a week and ive got 11 years at school,Not looking good for the education points

Regards
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi

No it was one day a week and ive got 11 years at school,Not looking good for the education points

Regards
Are you sure you've only got 11 years at school? That would be unusual for the UK, it's usually 12 years (7 primary plus 5 secondary).

One day a week and what did you do the other days, was it on the job training or was the one day a week the only thing you did towards that diploma?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Hi

Yes i didnt count reception class so it is 12 years,I was doing an apprenticeship so i worked the other 4/4,5 days a week

Regards
Old Mar 12th 2012, 5:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Hi

Yes i didnt count reception class so it is 12 years,I was doing an apprenticeship so i worked the other 4/4,5 days a week

Regards
OK, so sounds to me as if that would be 20 points.

Old Mar 12th 2012, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Hi

So the years doing the part time city and guilds and apprenticeship count as full time education and gives me 14 years in education?

Regards
Old Mar 12th 2012, 5:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

So the years doing the part time city and guilds and apprenticeship count as full time education and gives me 14 years in education?
IMO, yes, it does.

Old Mar 12th 2012, 5:15 am
Just Joined

Hi

Lovely Just hope they keep 7216 on the list now!

Thanks for all your help

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.