7 Months & Still Waiting

Old Sep 19th 2019, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

SamC10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 7 Months & Still Waiting

I don't really know what I am hoping for from this post. I know my situation is complicated and probably the reason for my ridiculous processing time but I guess I am interested in some insight or for anyone in a similar situation.
First a bit of background on me. I grew up in Ontario from age 3 -18 (I won't go into the two 6 month stints we did back in the U.K) and have been back in the U.K since 2007 when my parents brought us back. We were only ever Permanent Residents as they never did the Citizenship paperwork.
In 2016 my parents moved back to Ontario and after visiting with my husband and children we decided we wanted to make the move over too. We entered the Express Entry Pool just under two years ago with 419 but have never been close to being picked and my husband is getting older and loosing points fast haha. In 2018 I had my third child and with it not being worth me going back to work we made the decision that I would go back to school in Canada. Seemed like a really good option for us (expense aside), I could progress my career with further education and have more flexible hours with the kids AND the best part get additional points or use my husbands work experience to apply through the CEC stream.
So with all this in mind I applied Feb 1st 2019 for said study permit and my husbands OWP and I am STILL waiting. I was honest with my intentions but also the fact we have just as many ties in the UK if we needed to leave at the end of my studies. I have nothing in my history other than living in Canada that could hold up this application, in my mind anyways. I have ordered GCSM notes multiple times and can not see anything sinister. My final set the info sharing had complete, which had been ongoing for months, and it stated Eligibility Review Required so I am hoping I am near the end. At this point even though every part of me wants an approval I will be happy with a rejection just so I can move on with my life.
Like I said at the start not sure what I expect from this post I lurk on this forum quite a bit so felt like saying a long Hello.

Last edited by SamC10; Sep 19th 2019 at 6:17 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 19th 2019, 6:22 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 Months & Still Waiting

Hi

Originally Posted by SamC10
I don't really know what I am hoping for from this post. I know my situation is complicated and probably the reason for my ridiculous processing time but I guess I am interested in some insight or for anyone in a similar situation.
First a bit of background on me. I grew up in Ontario from age 3 -18 (I won't go into the two 6 month stints we did back in the U.K) and have been back in the U.K since 2007 when my parents brought us back. We were only ever Permanent Residents as they never did the Citizenship paperwork.
In 2016 my parents moved back to Ontario and after visiting with my husband and children we decided we wanted to make the move over too. We entered the Express Entry Pool just under two years ago with 419 but have never been close to being picked and my husband is getting older and loosing points fast haha. In 2018 I had my third child and with it not being worth me going back to work we made the decision that I would go back to school in Canada. Seemed like a really good option for us (expense aside), I could progress my career with further education and have more flexible hours with the kids AND the best part get additional points or use my husbands work experience to apply through the CEC stream.
So with all this in mind I applied Feb 1st 2019 for said study permit and my husbands OWP and I am STILL waiting. I was honest with my intentions but also the fact we have just as many ties in the UK if we needed to leave at the end of my studies. I have nothing in my history other than living in Canada that could hold up this application, in my mind anyways. I have ordered GCSM notes multiple times and can not see anything sinister. My final set the info sharing had complete, which had been ongoing for months, and it stated Eligibility Review Required so I am hoping I am near the end. At this point even though every part of me wants an approval I will be happy with a rejection just so I can move on with my life.
Like I said at the start not sure what I expect from this post I lurk on this forum quite a bit so felt like saying a long Hello.
1. Assuming you were a permanent resident in Canada, have you renounced your PR status? CIC won't issue a study permit until you renounce, as legally you are still a PR who hasn't met their Residence Obligations.

Old Sep 19th 2019, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Assuming you were a permanent resident in Canada, have you renounced your PR status? CIC won't issue a study permit until you renounce, as legally you are still a PR who hasn't met their Residence Obligations.
I had to renounce it to obtain obtain my ETA for my visits. So that was over two years ago now.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 9:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

How incredibly frustrating for you - sorry to hear you are still waiting!

Just as an aside, you didn't have to apply for your spouse's work permit in advance, you could have done that when you arrive - as you are being issued with your study permit (you only get a letter of introduction beforehand, you get the actual study permit on arrival) - he could ask for the work permit at the same time. That could be delaying things perhaps? If your children are school age, you will also ask for visitor records for them when you arrive - that will allow them to attend school (no study permit required unless they are over 18).

Good luck and I hope you hear something soon! Have you sent a case specific enquiry yet?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...ookieSupport=1
Old Sep 20th 2019, 4:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
How incredibly frustrating for you - sorry to hear you are still waiting!

Just as an aside, you didn't have to apply for your spouse's work permit in advance, you could have done that when you arrive - as you are being issued with your study permit (you only get a letter of introduction beforehand, you get the actual study permit on arrival) - he could ask for the work permit at the same time. That could be delaying things perhaps? If your children are school age, you will also ask for visitor records for them when you arrive - that will allow them to attend school (no study permit required unless they are over 18).

Good luck and I hope you hear something soon! Have you sent a case specific enquiry yet?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-r...ookieSupport=1
I have sent numerous case specific enquiries. I had a reply to the first two but nothing after May...for some reason they have decided I don't need a reply.
I got in touch with an MP who was able to get me an update stating it was stuck in additional verification (info sharing). There is a real lack of communication with the IRCC. I get why but surely cases that are outside processing times by six months could be an exception...
I didn't know about applying for my husbands work permit at the border until I started reading the forum a while back. Shame but it's done now so nothing I can do.
Thanks for the reply, I hope I hear soon too for mine and my husbands sanity! 🙃
Old Dec 6th 2019, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Just in case any one ever looks back to this thread after 10 months of waiting I have had my application and my husbands approved. We fly out December 24th 💕
Old Dec 6th 2019, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamC10
Just in case any one ever looks back to this thread after 10 months of waiting I have had my application and my husbands approved. We fly out December 24th 💕
Congratulations! But December 24th??? Wow!
Old Dec 7th 2019, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Congratulations! But December 24th??? Wow!
Tell me about it the stress is real haha. We rather do it now though and get there for my course start date than wait another six months. Waited for too long already. All go.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

bairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond reputebairn7 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! I didn't notice the date of your OP so I was about to post that 7 months is commonplace and RR is known to delay things, so your applications were probably just about where they should be in the timeline. Having gone through the waiting game myself recently, I know how utterly frustrating it is. Glad you came through it!