60 Day Medical Question

Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough
Default 60 Day Medical Question

Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding the 60 day medical letter. It states in the letter that we have to undergo the medical examination within 60 days of receipt of the letter. Now does that mean the CHC expect to receive the completed medical results/x-rays within the 60 days, or that we just have to have had the exam with the 60 days. So for example, if we had the medical on day 59, the CHC wouldn't actually receive the results until day 69 or so. Would this be acceptable or would they close our case file down?

Any clarity is gratefully received.

Cheers All

Glassy
Old Nov 9th 2009, 8:48 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 60 Day Medical Question

You would have to take the medical exam within 60 days of receipt of the request.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

My timeline shows our dates and when we received med request. We actually did our meds on about day 58 lol. We hung on and hung on and hung on as we wanted to have them in Calgary (we were due to move in Aug and sod's law said we'd get the med requests before we moved - yup.). So we took them jetlagged. The last thing I want to be doing for med recall is trawling back to the UK.

As long as you have the med exam within the 60 days it will be fine.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You would have to take the medical exam within 60 days of receipt of the request.
So for clarity Jim, the CHC would be happy to receive my medical test results on say, day 70? Reason I ask is because i was going to book my medicals for day 53. Do you know if the CHC apply a limit on when they need to receive the medical by (say 90 days after the initial medical request)?

Just to keep them posted I was going to send the CHC my RPRF with a letter advising them what day I'd booked my medicals for. Just to keep them in the loop.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud of

Do they have a hard and fast rule on it? I had a 90-day letter requesting my medical and final fee - though I didn't notice until it was too late that it said on the form that I had to have the medical within 60 days of receipt (I was then at around day 70, mistakenly thinking I had 90 days for everything). I e-mailed CHC and explained the situation - and they then granted me an extra 60 days to get the medical.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 3:15 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

They want to keep applications moving and not let them sit around. They will be happy to get the medical results in due course if you do the medicals on day 60. If there is cause for extension you can ask and it will normally be granted.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Cheers for confirming guys, it's very much appreciated.

Thanks Again

Glassy