Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

6 weeks pass and no PR card yet.... Wat could be the reason?

6 weeks pass and no PR card yet.... Wat could be the reason?

Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:46 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default 6 weeks pass and no PR card yet.... Wat could be the reason?

It has been 6 weeks since I landed as a PR in Canada.. Today I call the PR call centre people and asked them as to why is it taking this long for my PR card?
She said that there seems to be a delay on this.. I asked if there was any problem and she said "no".
I dunno wat could be the trouble; I called last thursday and the rep. had said that my landing form has been given out for scanning!

Wat could be making my case get delayed?? If they had given the form for scanning, how long should I wait now before I get it??
any experts opinions from Mr. Miller or Jim....////
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:42 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 6 weeks pass and no PR card yet.... Wat could be the reason?

Workload.

Originally Posted by amancharan
It has been 6 weeks since I landed as a PR in Canada.. Today I call the PR call centre people and asked them as to why is it taking this long for my PR card?
She said that there seems to be a delay on this.. I asked if there was any problem and she said "no".
I dunno wat could be the trouble; I called last thursday and the rep. had said that my landing form has been given out for scanning!

Wat could be making my case get delayed?? If they had given the form for scanning, how long should I wait now before I get it??
any experts opinions from Mr. Miller or Jim....////
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

byron is on a distinguished road

This is summer time and it seems that people in CIC are taking a vacation.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

deleted - I quoted a wrong stat. OOps! Hope your card shows up soon
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:11 am

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Workload.
Thanks Mr Miller; but if they said that my card has gone for scanning, does that mean it is at the last stage of processing??
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:47 am

I don't really know how many stages in such simple process they have, so I can't tell you if it is the last or the first stage. I can only tell you that just recently one of my clients received PR Cards for spouse and kids within 3 weeks from landing and then his Card arrived 2 months later. Maybe position of planets or solar flares have something to do with it... :-)

Thanks Mr Miller; but if they said that my card has gone for scanning, does that mean it is at the last stage of processing??
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:20 am
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Maybe position of planets or solar flares have something to do with it... :-)
Careful, Mr Miller....somebody might accuse you of having a sense of humour!!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:49 am

Thanks for friendly reminder, I almost forgot that "sensitivity police" is watching me here all the time ... :-)

Originally Posted by Scouse
Careful, Mr Miller....somebody might accuse you of having a sense of humour!!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for friendly reminder, I almost forgot that "sensitivity police" is watching me here all the time ... :-)
Does it have to do with the fact that men are from Mars? A planet further away?

Amy, I recall that I landed around the same time as you - 26/04/2005. I too haven't received my PR card.

By the way, I'm out of the country now. Does anyone know if I'd have problems getting back in considering I have a British passport??

Kay
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

6 weeks is still young, just keep on following up. My son received his PR card 2 months after we got ours. It took 4 weeks till we received our PRcards.

Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by kki6
Does it have to do with the fact that men are from Mars? A planet further away?

Amy, I recall that I landed around the same time as you - 26/04/2005. I too haven't received my PR card.

By the way, I'm out of the country now. Does anyone know if I'd have problems getting back in considering I have a British passport??

Kay
Hi kki;
seen u after a long time on this forum....
I dont think u will have any troubles provided u have a British passport, but surely u will have to explain at the port of entry. U will have to tell them that u are a landed immigrant, without the PR card!
I have gotten a little bit of respite after all the people answered about their experiences!
Hopefully we'll get our cards soon kki..
good luck for that
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi kki;
I dont think u will have any troubles provided u have a British passport, but surely u will have to explain at the port of entry. U will have to tell them that u are a landed immigrant, without the PR card!
I have gotten a little bit of respite after all the people answered about their experiences!
good luck for that
Thanks for that response Amy. I thought I'd be alright getting back but feel better know hearing it from someone else! By the way, have you received your SIN card?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi kki;
good luck for that
Amy

I have just received confirmation from Canada that my cards PR & SIN arrived over a week ago. My partner simply forgot to inform me!!

Trust yours in on the way
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by kki6
Amy

I have just received confirmation from Canada that my cards PR & SIN arrived over a week ago. My partner simply forgot to inform me!!

Trust yours in on the way
My SIN card arrived almost 2 weeks ago, but this PR card is not here yet!
anyways, good luck to u and I guess mine will be with me shortly....
Old Jun 15th 2005, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

bramwith is an unknown quantity at this point

Took two months to get mine, it arrived soon after an enquiry to the call centre.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.