Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

30th April new form for LMIA Applications

30th April new form for LMIA Applications

Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 30th April new form for LMIA Applications

sorry if this has already been mentioned.

ESDC will have a new form out for LMIA applications after the 30th April.

Web Highlights | ESDC

Any old forms submitted after that date will be destroyed and your employer will be asked to submit the new form.

I'm sure some of you already know this but it's worth checking if your employer does. Last time I read a lot of people had to wait longer as the wrong form was submitted.

As my job has only just gone on job bank this will effect me.
Old Apr 25th 2015, 3:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 30th April new form for LMIA Applications

Thanks for sharing that info. You'd be amazed how many people don't bother to check before submitting an app that they're using the latest version of the forms!
Old Apr 26th 2015, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Kiki1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
And what about this new thing? Is it active from now and now we have to wait 3 months from the date when the advert is placed till we can apply for LMIA?

The advertisement must be posted for a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks starting from the first day the ad appears and is accessible to the general public.
The advertisement must be posted during the 3 months prior to the employer applying for an LMIA.
The advertisement must remain posted to actively seek qualified Canadians and permanent residents until the date a positive or negative LMIA is issued.
Old Apr 26th 2015, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kiki1
Hi,
And what about this new thing? Is it active from now and now we have to wait 3 months from the date when the advert is placed till we can apply for LMIA?

The advertisement must be posted for a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks starting from the first day the ad appears and is accessible to the general public.
The advertisement must be posted during the 3 months prior to the employer applying for an LMIA.
The advertisement must remain posted to actively seek qualified Canadians and permanent residents until the date a positive or negative LMIA is issued.
Hi Kiki1,

No its not a new rule its the same rule I think your just miss reading it.

Minimum requirement is for 4 weeks and must run until a positive or negative answer is given.

The advertisement must be posted during the 3 months prior to the application not for the 3 months. I think its to stop an employer putting in an application for a LMIA when the advert was placed for 4 weeks 6 months ago.

That is the way I am reading the wording. My employer is in 2 week of advertising and is applying for my lmia after 4 weeks of advertising.

If im wrong please someone correct me.