Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

24 year old London guy - working in Canada - Visa options?

24 year old London guy - working in Canada - Visa options?

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

thedol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 24 year old London guy - working in Canada - Visa options?

Hi there, I'm 24 and a British passport holder - I was really keen on a move to USA but that's kind of been stumped now because getting a H1-BVisa seems to be a bitch and I have to wait 1 year till it opens again!

I have family in Toronto so I know I could make that a home away from home.

I've heard of the 1 year BUNAC Visa however I am no longer a student and the normal version of that is closed I think now until Jan 2009?

What other visas are there to work in Canada? Or other visas I could get into Canada in which I could then work for...even if it is a short period as in my field - Graphic design I am pretty sure I could get any company to extend my contract coz I'm that good!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 24 year old London guy - working in Canada - Visa options?

Originally Posted by thedol
Hi there, I'm 24 and a British passport holder - I was really keen on a move to USA but that's kind of been stumped now because getting a H1-BVisa seems to be a bitch and I have to wait 1 year till it opens again!

I have family in Toronto so I know I could make that a home away from home.

I've heard of the 1 year BUNAC Visa however I am no longer a student and the normal version of that is closed I think now until Jan 2009?

What other visas are there to work in Canada? Or other visas I could get into Canada in which I could then work for...even if it is a short period as in my field - Graphic design I am pretty sure I could get any company to extend my contract coz I'm that good!
you could get a work permit ie Temp work visa but u have to get a job 1st. read on the wiki here.

Also u can wait for 4 months and apply for the BUNAC one and get into Canada earliest End of FEB 09 and see how it goes.

good luck
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

thedol is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep I have family in Toronto so I've asked them to see if they can see anything in terms of a job for me in Toronto

Is there a jobsite specialized for the media industry? Web/Graphic design?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thedol
Yep I have family in Toronto so I've asked them to see if they can see anything in terms of a job for me in Toronto

Is there a jobsite specialized for the media industry? Web/Graphic design?
Try workopolis.com

They have a whole list of technology jobs, and you can view them by province/city etc

Good luck