Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

20 Year passport and CIC...Mr Andrew et all

20 Year passport and CIC...Mr Andrew et all

Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Xylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 20 Year passport and CIC...Mr Andrew et all

Indian Passport Office in the late 90s issues people 20 year passport. I got my passport issued
in 1997 and it has 20 year validity till 2017. However indian govt
has discontinued the 20 year passport

Currently I am hearing that US govt will no longer accept
valid passports more than 10 years old.
Therefore in case of 20 year passport holders, they need to apply for new passport after the expiration of 10 years and get a renewed passport.

What is the CIC rules regarding the 20 year passport?
Old Jul 30th 2004, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice
Default Re: 20 Year passport and CIC...Mr Andrew et all

Originally posted by Xylene
Indian Passport Office in the late 90s issues people 20 year passport. I got my passport issued
in 1997 and it has 20 year validity till 2017. However indian govt
has discontinued the 20 year passport
------ but who have 20 year passport is still VALID, only Indian embassy has ADVISED that get 10 year passport but Ministry of External affairs government of India has NOT said or issued any noticfaction that 20 years passport that was issued is not valid. it is still valid
Currently I am hearing that US govt will no longer accept
valid passports more than 10 years old.
------ where did you hear that US is not accepting 20 year passpors issued by Indian government???

Therefore in case of 20 year passport holders, they need to apply for new passport after the expiration of 10 years and get a renewed passport.

What is the CIC rules regarding the 20 year passport?
----- CIC will accept the valid passport it does not mean it should be valid for 10 year or 20 year