18 month wait?

Old Oct 26th 2005, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

pusky123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 18 month wait?

Hi,

I applied as a skilled worker (London office) in March 2004. I received my AOR in May 2004. It advised an 18 month wait.

I've had no further correspondance since then, and by my reckoning the 18 months must nearly be up.

Should i be concerned or take any action?

Thank you,

Pusky
Old Oct 26th 2005, 9:53 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 18 month wait?

Stated 18th was an estimate prediction based on the timlines for cases clready completed when generic AOR letter you received was designed. A lot changed since. There is nothing you can do, just wait. It may take quite longer than predicted 18 months ago.

As you can see here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...illed-fed.html

reported average processing times for cases already completed between July '04 and June '05 were ranging from 21 to 42 months in London, already longer than predicted in your AOR letter. And things are only getting slower.

Originally Posted by pusky123
Hi,

I applied as a skilled worker (London office) in March 2004. I received my AOR in May 2004. It advised an 18 month wait.

I've had no further correspondance since then, and by my reckoning the 18 months must nearly be up.

Thank you,

Pusky
Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you,

Pusky
I am new to this forum but visit another one on yahoo where there are several examples of people contacting London after 18 months and getting a helpful reply to their 'what's happening' query. One of these replies even stated that their meds were in the post and they got them the next day. I would contact them, you have little to lose if the rumoured delays become a reality and you could let us all know if London have already reacted to the law suit applications but increasing the new applicants to 36 months whilst leaving us 18 monthers alone. By my reckoning, if meds are sent to straightforward applicants (i.e ones with no problems/issues)at about 18 months then the whole process would take 20 - 22 months as reflected in the recent stats. Go on give it a go!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

iansch will become famous soon enoughiansch will become famous soon enough
Question Re: 18 month wait?

Hi Puksy123
We are an April 04 AOR still here still waiting e-mailed CIC 2 weeks ago No reply yet if I ever get one? the past weeks have been quite hard hopping that Meds would come through the door but still waiting!!
I would give it a week or two then try the e-mail system.
Regards Ian

Hi,

Thank you,

Pusky
Old Oct 28th 2005, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Flembo70 has a spectacular aura aboutFlembo70 has a spectacular aura aboutFlembo70 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: 18 month wait?

Originally Posted by Stuarty
I am new to this forum but visit another one on yahoo where there are several examples of people contacting London after 18 months and getting a helpful reply to their 'what's happening' query. One of these replies even stated that their meds were in the post and they got them the next day. I would contact them, you have little to lose if the rumoured delays become a reality and you could let us all know if London have already reacted to the law suit applications but increasing the new applicants to 36 months whilst leaving us 18 monthers alone. By my reckoning, if meds are sent to straightforward applicants (i.e ones with no problems/issues)at about 18 months then the whole process would take 20 - 22 months as reflected in the recent stats. Go on give it a go!
I sympathise with the frustration but I disagree - you do have something to lose and so does everyone else.

Every time someone contacts the CIC to find out 'what's happening' they take up valuable and precious time where officers are responding to redundant queries rather than actually processing applications. How much time is wasted telling people that their application is being progressed? You surely already know this after receipt of the AOR and the time estimates given on the AOR are just that, estimates.

For what its worth, my own humble opinion is just sit tight and your time will come, same as it does for everyone else and if you really do need to contact the CIC to learn that your are in the queue, I hope it's not my application you delay. :-)
Old Oct 29th 2005, 1:51 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Flembo; I can see your reasoning completely, however I have to admit to being one of those time-wasters. I contacted CHC at the 13 month point and they immediately responded and got working on our application and it sped along after that - perhaps coincidence - who knows??
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:02 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Flembo; I can see your reasoning completely, however I have to admit to being one of those time-wasters. I contacted CHC at the 13 month point and they immediately responded and got working on our application and it sped along after that - perhaps coincidence - who knows??

I have to say I agree with Flembo. I used to work in an office where all applications were put into a queue to be worked on as and when their number came up. If we had been left alone to work on these they would have bee processed a lot quicker, instead people kept phoning, emailing etc and we had to waste time telling them it would be done in good time. We tried not to pull anyone out of the queue just because they phoned.

Whilest I completely understand how frustrating it is to wait without knowing, and to have been given a time line that seems to be slipping away, the more people chase the more people will find they are waiting longer so they start to chase creating a never ending cycle.

Keep your chin up, your time will come