120 day AOR documents?

Old Feb 5th 2011, 8:45 am
Just Joined

deekwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 120 day AOR documents?

Hi fellow members
I am expecting my 1st AOR requesting frurther documents soon.I sent copies of birth/marriage certs etc with my original application.Do I have to send originals or notarised copies signed by a lawyer or will they accept my copies.Should i send any other specific documents.I have sent my IELTS and POlice clearance stuff?
Thanks for now
Derek
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:48 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 120 day AOR documents?

Originally Posted by deekwalker
Hi fellow members
I am expecting my 1st AOR requesting frurther documents soon.I sent copies of birth/marriage certs etc with my original application.Do I have to send originals or notarised copies signed by a lawyer or will they accept my copies.Should i send any other specific documents.I have sent my IELTS and POlice clearance stuff?
Thanks for now
Derek
Hey Derek

If you applied AFTER June 26th 2010 and you included Police Certs, then once you receive your letter from CIO Sydney, there is nothing further for you to do. They will forward your complete pack to your local visa office, who will eventually contact you with medical requests (or requests for more info if needed).

A
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi fellow members
Thanks for now
Derek
Out of interest, what else are you expecting to send i.e. what 'further documents'? Saw on your other thread you applied in October so you should have submitted everything (IELTS/proof of education/proof of employment/references/proof of funds/etc) at that time.

You shouldn't need to do anything else until medicals are requested.

Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi christmasoompa
I sent all my stuff with my origial application but just wondered if they will need origial certs instead of copies thanks for the reply,hoping to be in nanaimo this year.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:40 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi christmasoompa
I sent all my stuff with my origial application but just wondered if they will need origial certs instead of copies thanks for the reply,hoping to be in nanaimo this year.
Whatever it said on your Visa Office checklist is what you should have included. So if that VO is London, you should have sent what t says on the post June 26th London Visa Office checklist.
This has been messed about a bit re-Police checks, though. When we applied in very early September, it was saying not to send these with the original application. Since then, I believe they have changed it to say you can include them but do not have to!!! So, if you didn't put your Police check in, they will request that from the VO when they are ready. If you already included it, then no further documents should be required.
Have you received communication from CIO to say that they have completed the eligibility review for you? We received ours in late January - if you applied in October then you should be getting yours sometime soon. CIO now checks the contents of the application thoroughly, so if you had missed anything vital they would probably have informed you by now.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

hi helcat
We sent our documents including police reports ,proof of funds,job info,ielts in our original application late october 2010.our cc was charged nov 5th.we have had no word at all yet.We are hoping to move to nanaimo bc in asap
thanks for the reply
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:27 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

hi helcat
We sent our documents including police reports ,proof of funds,job info,ielts in our original application late october 2010.our cc was charged nov 5th.we have had no word at all yet.We are hoping to move to nanaimo bc in asap
thanks for the reply
Look at this, deerwalker. It will give you a better idea of when everyone else is getting news from CIO.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CLDXsFA#gid=0
They are only up to about mid October at the moment,so you have a while to wait.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Ian_sea is a jewel in the roughIan_sea is a jewel in the roughIan_sea is a jewel in the roughIan_sea is a jewel in the rough

Hi Deerwalker

We sent all original docs when we applied, birth, marriage, qualifications etc. Then when we got our PR (in 2009) but before we moved I sent them a letter (or email - I cannot remember) and asked for all our original certs back. Amazingly they sent them back very quickly, within a month, which was a very pleasant surprise.

Cheers
Ian
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

hi Ian sea
thanks for the info.i can get originals or notarised copies quickly if we need it,expecting our AOR soon,r u enjoying nanaimo and is it a good place to raise a family.my boy is 5years i am hoping to work as an industrial elect.we have family in courtenay.
cheers for now
derek
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Ian_sea is a jewel in the roughIan_sea is a jewel in the roughIan_sea is a jewel in the roughIan_sea is a jewel in the rough

Hi Derek

We think it is a very good place, it is large enough but not too big and it only really takes 15-20 mins to get to anywhere in the town. We like hiking and there are loads of good places all around, also skiing is only 1.5 hrs away so we go on day trips up to Mt Washington.

Work wise it is very much like a lot of other Canadian places as it is who you know and not always what you know! Do you have work lined up, I do know an electrician that has his own company (they do residential and commercial), although I do not think they are hiring at the moment he may be worth talking to as to possible companies to approach.

Also if you want any help with accommodation let me know as we rented before buying and I subsequently took my realtors license so am now working for one of the main brokerages in town. So if you want any help on that front (buying or renting) just let me know ([email protected].)

With regards to bringing up a child, our daughter was a lot older but she was one of the reasons we moved here as we think it is much better then a lot of places in the UK. However, the town still does have its problems - drugs, alcohol, and there are certain areas that are best to avoid.

Anyway hope that has helped a bit - do you have any dates lined up yet for coming out. If you are out on a reccie trip, or when you make the move, drop me an email and we can meet up or just email if you want some more info.

Cheers
Ian
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:25 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian_sea
Hi Derek

However, the town still does have its problems - drugs, alcohol, and there are certain areas that are best to avoid.

Cheers
Ian
Another problem is the realtors ^^ that dress as pirates & throw themselves into the freezing cold ocean, in the middle of winter, for fun!!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Not my best look! Now where has that flaming parrot gone.