Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

"Entrepreneur" Class Category - Mr.Andrew/Mr.Berto - Please help.

"Entrepreneur" Class Category - Mr.Andrew/Mr.Berto - Please help.

Old Oct 6th 2001, 8:11 pm
Inayat A Versey

Since I have already lodged my application for "Entrepreneur" Class Category, is it
possible to change intended destination to some other province other than what
mentioned on IMM 0008 ? This is because you replied in my previous post that BC has
got toughest requirements of minimum net worth. Let me inform you that I had
previously applied under same category with same intended province and got refused. I
have re-applied under same category with same intended province, will it be difficult
to change intended province at the time of interview or some times during the process
? Let me also inform you that the reason for previous refusal will be eliminated by
the time I will actually go for second interview, what chance do I stand and what
impact of my previous refusal will reflect on my current application ? Previous
application was prepared and submitted by immigration consultant on my behalf. This
time, I had prepared myself and submitted, will this make any difference ? Your reply
will be highly appreciated.

Old Oct 6th 2001, 8:58 pm
Andrew Miller

An attempt to change the destination Province at the time of interview will most
likely be seen as trying to sidestep the rules or trying to "grab the last straw" -
your application will be assessed under the requirements of the Province of
destination declared in the application and using the facts, documents and
information provided with the application. If there is no substantial change in your
qualifications as Entrepreneur and same factors that were the base for first refusal
still existed when you re-applied then it is more than likely that your application
will be refused, without any interview. Did you at least find what were the reasons
for the first refusal before re-applying by hiring a Canadian representative to
access your files and see what is there? Re-applying without full knowledge of
reasons behind the refusal and without properly eliminating those reasons before the
application is submitted is simply fruitless. Your new application will be first
compared with the previous one and if reasons for first refusal still exist then this
one will also be refused. Fact that you prepared new application without professional
assistance will make no difference.

I don't have enough information to point the finger who is to blame for the first
refusal but there are only 2 possible reasons for such - you didn't have a chance for
approval in the first place and your consultant knowingly took your money and didn't
tell you that, or your consultant didn't know all facts when accepting and submitting
your case and something has been discovered during the application process.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
than
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
    >
eliminated
    >
and
    >
    >
my
    >
    >

Old Oct 7th 2001, 12:39 am
Berto Volpentesta

Your destination is significant. As an entrepreneur you will be = required to
contribute to the economy of Canada. Your ability to do so = may depend on the
province/city/location.

BC has some excellent services for intending business people. They can = help you
with business plans, start ups, investigations, feasibility and = so on. A
recomendation from them may help you this time around.

If you change your destination, you should see if the new place has any = services to
help you with business information as well and see if your = business plan will work
there and why it is better than BC.

Whether you use counsel or not the issues are the same. Your ability to = address the
issues will make the difference in your application.

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
Category,
    >
other than
    >
previous post
    >
    >
with same
    >
category with
    >
province at the
    >
    >
eliminated
    >
stand and
    >
application ?
    >
consultant on my
    >
any
    >

Old Oct 8th 2001, 8:34 pm
Inayat A Versey

Dear Mr.Andrew Miller, Thank you for your kind reply. As you have mentioned in your
reply that they might refuse my application without interview, will they refuse on
initial screening of application or will they refuse before AOR ? If they issue AOR,
can I submit additional details and information to make my case strong enough for
them to invite me for selection interview ? Basically everything remain same from my
previous application execpt that I have expanded my business in USA and I have
mentioned details of my expansion of business in my new application. Yes, I have
received refusal letter from NY office and I understood what was the reason for
refusal. My consultant in Vancouver got each and every details from me before he
prepared and file the application. Nothing was concealed from my side. He knew my
case was not strong enough, but he did not advice anything about it. I have lost US$
6000.00 plus application process fees plus misc. expenses plus medical fees plus trip
to NY etc. etc.

Old Oct 8th 2001, 9:29 pm
Andrew Miller

I'm sorry to hear that you paid and lost money to a fellow Vancouver based
consultant. The only question popping into my mind is why did you hire a professional
who didn't give you money back guarantee. Most immigration lawyers and consultants
charge their fees regardless the outcome of the application, but there are still some
of us who guarantee in the contract full refund of our fee in the case of visa
refusal, you should have been looking for such.

Now what may happen with your new application - again, as I wrote before, if there
are no substantial changes in your situation and reasons for original refusal still
existed at the time of new application then you may get refused without further
processing or you may get lucky and get to the interview stage. Everything depends
from the opinion and decision of the processing officer who gets your application. If
the reasons for initial refusal are not there anymore then you may have a chance. But
based on your previous post I assume that refusal was based financial criteria and
this is why you want to switch the destination Province now - am I correct? If yes,
then changing destination Province may not be seen in very positive light, but you
may try to do it immediately after receipt of AOR.

I have to tell you that we process a lot of business applications and about 1/3 of
our clients in Business category are those who were already refused once - new
application after initial refusal must be extremely strong and well presented
compared to the first one if you want to have any chance for approval and all factors
leading to the first refusal must be gone and properly dealt with.

Without knowing all details of the original refusal and your new situation I simply
can't give you any solid advice here - you may contact me directly if you want to
protect your privacy.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
will
    >
and