Wifi router

Old Sep 25th 2013, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

raybona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wifi router

When I get an internet provider, do they give you a free wifi router, or is it best I take mine with me?

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2013, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wifi router

Originally Posted by raybona
When I get an internet provider, do they give you a free wifi router, or is it best I take mine with me?

Thanks
T-Home provided us with one, but we also bought a better one. If you have a good one, you may as well bring it with you...its always good to have a spare I find
Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you luck if you do bring one from UK. I remember upgrading from a broadband modem to a wifi router in UK and it took me about a week to get all the settings and security stuff in order. I also got one with T Home and it works fine, guests have even picked up the wifi out in the garden. The broadband is also much more reliable than I had with Tiscali / Talk-Talk in UK.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Pandem is an unknown quantity at this point

I was not the one to set up the service, but back when we registered with UPC, we were told if we wanted a wireless router, we would have to rent it from them for a monthly fee. Base fee only included a basic cable modem.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

With UPC and had to buy our router. Just went to our local Tesco and picked one up. It was very easy to install. I too think the broadband connection here is good and upc are currently upgrading internet speeds for free.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

My T-Home router works fine also
Old Sep 26th 2013, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Alkin is an unknown quantity at this point

T-Home provided me with an ADSL modem, I used a router brought from the UK to create a Wi-Fi network.

When I moved house, the house was already connected to the T-Home cable TV system (which I didn't need), but my new T-home internet connection was via the cable (rather than phone) network, they installed a 4-port-plus-WiFi Cablenet router.

Be Aware: T-Home left the WiFi enabled (even though at the time I was using wired connections only) and even worse, didn't set up any WiFi encryption, It's worth checking, as you may not only be providing free internet access to half the people in your street, but there are some fairly scary security implications in having your machine(s) connected to a publicly accessible open network.

bru
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

They did set mine up with a security code which they wrote on the router box.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 1:12 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was set up with one as well and I had the router access details so I could easily change it myself.