WiFi booster

Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default WiFi booster

WiFi signal strength isn't brilliant where we are staying and we want to boost the range. Does anyone know the best device to get from Auchan or in Miskolc? Or order one if best option.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 5:46 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WiFi booster

FenTiger, we had one of these before we got our own high speed internet from our service provider. A neighbor let us piggyback off her service until ours was installed. These work okay in boosting wifi signals and are cheap enough.

https://euronics.hu/termekek/tp-link...ovelo/p/213242

Euronics has shops all over Hungary. You should be able to find them elsewhere also or order off of Amazon for delivery.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a Tienda Wireless router which my son bought from Auchan Miskolc about 2 years ago. Works perfectly and am very happy with it. You can also order online from Alza who give a very rapid service.

https://www.alza.hu/tenda-f303-wifi-...xoCzDwQAvD_BwE

Old Jul 27th 2020, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
FenTiger, we had one of these before we got our own high speed internet from our service provider. A neighbor let us piggyback off her service until ours was installed. These work okay in boosting wifi signals and are cheap enough.

https://euronics.hu/termekek/tp-link...ovelo/p/213242

Euronics has shops all over Hungary. You should be able to find them elsewhere also or order off of Amazon for delivery.
Thanks. That's cheap at approx.£23. I saw this on the internet https://www.top10wifiboosters.com/hu/review/xtraboost . Has very good reviews.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

I bought the same router from Tesco about 3 weeks ago for about 3,500ft
Old Jul 27th 2020, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

A router is a bit different from an extender, it sounds like you need an extender. (one of the options above was a router).
You can use a router but you may need to run a cable from the existing router to the second router.
With the extender it will be a wireless connection to the existing router. So is easier to install.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 2:25 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

The TP Link device I linked to is an extender not a router. The one I used was placed in a window and picked up several neighbours wifi and I used the one from my immediate neighbour with her blessing and passcode. It worked very good within a few hundred feet of our property. I have since decided to use cables instead of wifi and got rid of the unit linked above out of security concerns.

Last edited by Jack_Russells4ever; Jul 27th 2020 at 2:28 pm. Reason: forgot to say something
Old Jul 27th 2020, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

davidchannon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
The TP Link device I linked to is an extender not a router. The one I used was placed in a window and picked up several neighbours wifi and I used the one from my immediate neighbour with her blessing and passcode. It worked very good within a few hundred feet of our property. I have since decided to use cables instead of wifi and got rid of the unit linked above out of security concerns.
Wait. You replaced a wifi extender with cable to your neighbours to increase security? In all likely hood you have probably made yourself less secure if you are being that paranoid.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 3:31 pm
Banned

NO, after I got my own internet service at my house I decided to just run cables to the 2 computers in the house. I no longer had the laptops because I went back to desktop units. If you read the entire thread you would have seen I got my own service...sorry for any confusion.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Saw some WiFi signal boosters in Auchan last week. Couldn't decide to buy or not especially as I don't want to mess up the existing WiFi network. But definitely will buy for our house when we find one.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it those WiFi "extenders" just help you when you want to use it outside in summer eg - and the typical Hungarian thick walls weaken the signals too much.
That's how we did on our summer terrace.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wolfi
As I understand it those WiFi "extenders" just help you when you want to use it outside in summer eg - and the typical Hungarian thick walls weaken the signals too much.
That's how we did on our summer terrace.
that's exactly what I want to use them for. Might go ahead and buy. I was able to look up reviews of the wifi extenders in Auchan.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Here I am back reading this post. In the end I didn't bother because we were living in Mother-in-law house and instead used mobile broadband.
Now we're at our new house the signal is crap. At this point in time on my mobile the signal is showing 1-2 bars. I suspect it may be because the WiFi router is too low down, about 30cm from the floor. At my old UK house I had it two metres high from floor level and signal was pretty good all round, including outside. It's non-existent in new house. We're not bothered about WiFi outside but it'd be nice for when friends are here.

I'm going to try raising the router to higher off the floor level to see what happens. If it's still crap then I'm getting the TP-Link extender AC750. It'll mean sacrificing one power socket just for the extender. Would it be okay to plus the extender into a multiple extension lead?
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Here I am back reading this post. In the end I didn't bother because we were living in Mother-in-law house and instead used mobile broadband.
Now we're at our new house the signal is crap. At this point in time on my mobile the signal is showing 1-2 bars. I suspect it may be because the WiFi router is too low down, about 30cm from the floor. At my old UK house I had it two metres high from floor level and signal was pretty good all round, including outside. It's non-existent in new house. We're not bothered about WiFi outside but it'd be nice for when friends are here.

I'm going to try raising the router to higher off the floor level to see what happens. If it's still crap then I'm getting the TP-Link extender AC750. It'll mean sacrificing one power socket just for the extender. Would it be okay to plus the extender into a multiple extension lead?
My WiFi is on my desk next to my laptop. My granddaughter was able to use her mobile and laptop without any problems sitting on my bed which is some 20 metres away. I can get internet outside on my mobile as well
Old Sep 4th 2021, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

For some routers, the distribution of the wifi signal is not uniform, ie not equal strength in ever direction. You could try move the route through 90 degrees to see if it gives you better coverage in your home. But it may just move the weak spot to a different part of your home.

And you can use a wifi extender on an extension cord, they are very low power devices.

Last edited by ecurb; Sep 4th 2021 at 9:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.