UK crime map

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 10:25 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK crime map

Out of curiosity, I visited the police.uk and looked up the small Kentish village in which we used to live. It is roughly the size of our current village in Hungary and in a relatively "crime free" area. In the month of December, there were two burglaries, two other crimes and one act of anti-social behavior. In our Hungarian village, we have not heard of any crimes since this time last year when some home made wine was taken from an cellar. The difference is even more apart when looking at the crime map for Rochester, where my daughter lives!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK crime map

It does not cover Scotland so I looked up Nuneaton where I used to live and where we are selling my late parents house. In December there were 36 violent crimes and 138 acts of antisocial behaviour, plus burglaries, vehicle crimes etc.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 10:44 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

It makes Sevenoaks in Kent look like a major crime risk area. All quite ridiculous & a waste of money.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 10:55 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Ashford, Kent looks the same but then it is apparently getting worse. In fact, looking at the majority of areas, it would make you think twice about living in the UK. Perhaps that's the intention

Fidbosa, I don't think they had circles large enough for most Scottish towns Only kidding, I would move back to Scotland in a second if it wasn't for the weather.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 11:00 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

We don't see Police that often in Sevenoaks as the station is in Tonbridge, 9 miles away.

I reckon you are better off in Hungary, taking reasonable self help care with security
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 11:23 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

We have the best security system going! A mad dog, it's a cross daschund and even smaller than a yorkie but goes barking mad if anyone comes within 30 feet of the house. The neighbours just laugh at her when she escapes and runs in circles around them barking her head off but surprisingly, they are actually wary of her.

Talking of dogs, I had a strange conversation with a neighbour a few months ago, mind you, they are all strange considering my limited Hungarian. She is an elderly lady and having rescued her from the encircling attack, she asked about the dog, said how sweet she was (I'm sure she was cursing her under her breath) then asked me if she slept in the house at night. I replied yes she did and having pondered this for a good few minutes, she said, "igen, Angol, Angol". As there are only Germans and Austrians in our village, none of whom own a dog, I am guessing we are the first people she has met who let the dog sleep in the house. Probably thinks we're as mad as the dog!