Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Telenor mobile internet

Telenor mobile internet

Old Aug 16th 2016, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

lulu122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telenor mobile internet

Since last night,our mobile internet signal at home has basically gone, we have about 1mb speed if we're lucky. Could this be due to the weather last night?

Last edited by lulu122; Aug 16th 2016 at 2:33 pm. Reason: title amended
Old Aug 16th 2016, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telenor mobile internet

It is very unlikely to be the weather. If you still have the same signal strength as previous then there is no fault there.

Read your contract. Some providers, rather than charge extra when you have reached your contract amount reduce the speed of the connection. I believe Telenor is one of those who do this, so this could explain the slowness.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

lulu122 is an unknown quantity at this point

No we check our data online and we have plenty left for this month. We usually have a speed of around 6-7 so something has happened somewhere.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

stargate1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mobile internet can be annoying. I am with Telenor and I used to use a mobile stick in my TP-link router connected to an exterior antenna. That way I was able to get a decent signal. Then I changed my router to a Huawei E5186s which I obtained from Telenor. 25mb up and about the same down. Maybe you should consider a router update if your signal is wavering. One way to test your signal is see what you get on your mobile telephone (signal strength). If its steady over a period of days then you have 4g coverage and it might be your stick or router playing-up. Once my signal strength improved by just changing my old sim card for a new one. Another way to improve signal strength is put your router/stick as high as possible in the house, preferably near an upstairs window. Try an exterior antenna if you can fit one to your stick/router.
If all fails contact telenor and ask for 'lefedetség csoport' this office is incharge of coverage and the might be able to help...Sorry to whoffle on but sometimes its a case of detective work. Dammed annoying sometimes !...

Do let me know how you get on...