Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Snow - will it ever stop!

Snow - will it ever stop!

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Snow - will it ever stop!

Originally Posted by cathyg
Me too
See Rural! We are on to you now so your weather predictions had better be right
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 5:54 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi
See Rural! We are on to you now so your weather predictions had better be right
Oh god, not more pressure - I'll have a breakdown at this rate!!! Making a cake for a clients, daughters birthday and realised I am out of glycerine for making fondant icing.... What do you think my chances are that the village shop will have it, none, none or none?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Oh god, not more pressure - I'll have a breakdown at this rate!!! Making a cake for a clients, daughters birthday and realised I am out of glycerine for making fondant icing.... What do you think my chances are that the village shop will have it, none, none or none?
Hmmm, possibly none
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:13 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, possibly none
Yep, that's what I reckoned. Going to try making it without and if all else fails........ a mad dash to Tesco's in the morning for a cake
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 12:38 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh dear, you will have to go out in the snow/sleet/rain delete as appropriate to put the icing on the cake. Oh the irony.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 5:56 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Oh dear, you will have to go out in the snow/sleet/rain delete as appropriate to put the icing on the cake. Oh the irony.
No.... I will have to try and get out of the possibly snowed in village to get the cake to the party
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:23 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Kids just got up and looked out the window at the couple of inches of snow and said, "oh mum, you said there wouldn't be anymore snow!" They have now banned me from mentioning the weather again as apparently I jinx it. In my defense (cough,cough) even last night, the three weather sites I use were all stating rain last night, not SNOW
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice

Dear Rural
probably too late now, looked on line and found you can make a marshmallow fondant icing, www.allrecipes.co.uk, never tried it so no idea if it works or not
probability that your local shop might have marshmallows better than glycerine, but then again this is the mystery of Hungary.
Good luck with the cake
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 9:00 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Tapsony-Hungary
Dear Rural
probably too late now, looked on line and found you can make a marshmallow fondant icing, www.allrecipes.co.uk, never tried it so no idea if it works or not
probability that your local shop might have marshmallows better than glycerine, but then again this is the mystery of Hungary.
Good luck with the cake
Thanks hen, I ended up doing a royal icing for the main cake and fondant for the decorations, made it with gelatine and ermmm pig fat instead of shortening but it worked

Can't do Monday as I am working, will send you an email.
Attached Thumbnails Snow - will it ever stop!-dollcake.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think its safe to say 'see you next year snow'....this time try not to stick around so long
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

ssshhhhhhhhhh!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 7:27 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
ssshhhhhhhhhh!
I'm saying nothing