Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

On-site temporary Moveable Building/Structure/Accomodation/Cabin

On-site temporary Moveable Building/Structure/Accomodation/Cabin

Old Oct 8th 2020, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default On-site temporary Moveable Building/Structure/Accomodation/Cabin

We are short of space where we are and wandered if anyone had any ideas for on-site temporary moveable accommodation/cabin? Maybe something on wheels. It would need to be warm enough in the winter and cool enough in summer. The ground is not very even where I thought of putting it.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 3:20 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On-site temporary Moveable Building/Structure/Accomodation/Cabin

FenTiger on the website Jofogas there was this one that meets most of your requirements except for one. You will freeze in the winter and burn up in the summer if it is as poorly insulated and built as the one my parents owned for a couple years when I was a kid. Sadly the European Mobil Haz is NOT worth the money.

https://ingatlan.jofogas.hu/pest/Ela..._109443760.htm

If the Europeans built them like they do in the US now they would probably sell more of them to young couples and retirees looking to downsize. They even have some cute Tiny Homes. I will PM you a link to a YT video of one we think is cute because the Mods would probably remove it as advertising.

I think you would be better off holding on to your money and waiting until your dream home comes up for sale or have one built yourself. You also may want to consider renting something near you until you find a property for sale that ticks all the boxes.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
FenTiger on the website Jofogas there was this one that meets most of your requirements except for one. You will freeze in the winter and burn up in the summer if it is as poorly insulated and built as the one my parents owned for a couple years when I was a kid. Sadly the European Mobil Haz is NOT worth the money.

https://ingatlan.jofogas.hu/pest/Ela..._109443760.htm

If the Europeans built them like they do in the US now they would probably sell more of them to young couples and retirees looking to downsize. They even have some cute Tiny Homes. I will PM you a link to a YT video of one we think is cute because the Mods would probably remove it as advertising.

I think you would be better off holding on to your money and waiting until your dream home comes up for sale or have one built yourself. You also may want to consider renting something near you until you find a property for sale that ticks all the boxes.
That mobile home looks huge! Will be a struggle to have it towed up the hill and then to the other half of the garden. Some tree stumps will have to be removed as well as some fruit trees. Was thinking of something a bit smaller. I've stayed in a mobile home in cold weather so am aware how cold it can get. There's usually a smell of dampness after it's rained and is cold too. Will look at the YT video after breakfast. Yup, been summoned by her indoors.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
That mobile home looks huge! Will be a struggle to have it towed up the hill and then to the other half of the garden. Some tree stumps will have to be removed as well as some fruit trees. Was thinking of something a bit smaller. I've stayed in a mobile home in cold weather so am aware how cold it can get. There's usually a smell of dampness after it's rained and is cold too. Will look at the YT video after breakfast. Yup, been summoned by her indoors.
Instead of a mobile home or caravan how about building a wooden garden home which you can buy as a flat pack from somewhere like OBI. To make it warmer you could insulate the walls. Once you've finished with it it could be dismantled and sold.

https://www.obi.hu/kerti-hazak/fa-kerti-hazak/c/3623

Last edited by Sachina; Oct 8th 2020 at 7:55 am.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sachina
Instead of a mobile home or caravan how about building a wooden garden home which you can buy as a flat pack from somewhere like OBI. To make it warmer you could insulate the walls. Once you've finished with it it could be dismantled and sold.

https://www.obi.hu/kerti-hazak/fa-kerti-hazak/c/3623

I like the one with the swimming pool which I could use as an ice rink in winter but doubt that'd be included in the price. One of these definitely needs to be off the ground on a platform. I have a carpenter friend so will ask him about these kind of buildings. He has a wooden outbuilding which he uses as a workshop and has a wood burner in there too! He said it's like a sauna in there sometimes! If we did buy one of these I don't think we'd sell it once the house is built. We'd keep it as a summer house or somewhere to sit for a bit of peace and quiet.

Well, I better get cracking and looking into this more seriously. If only we had made the plans we thinking of now two months ago this would have been set up ready for winter! Ah, well, can't win them all.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: On-site temporary Moveable Building/Structure/Accomodation/Cabin

Originally Posted by FenTiger
I like the one with the swimming pool which I could use as an ice rink in winter but doubt that'd be included in the price. One of these definitely needs to be off the ground on a platform. I have a carpenter friend so will ask him about these kind of buildings. He has a wooden outbuilding which he uses as a workshop and has a wood burner in there too! He said it's like a sauna in there sometimes! If we did buy one of these I don't think we'd sell it once the house is built. We'd keep it as a summer house or somewhere to sit for a bit of peace and quiet.

Well, I better get cracking and looking into this more seriously. If only we had made the plans we thinking of now two months ago this would have been set up ready for winter! Ah, well, can't win them all.
Where's your spirit of adventure?

I lived in a garden shed for nearly a year before moving into a 15 foot caravan where I lived for 3 years. My central heating and bathroom wasn't finished in my present house until just before Christmas. Marvellous not having to go outside to the loo up the garden and not having to collect water from the outside tap! You'll survive!
Old Oct 8th 2020, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sachina
Where's your spirit of adventure?

I lived in a garden shed for nearly a year before moving into a 15 foot caravan where I lived for 3 years. My central heating and bathroom wasn't finished in my present house until just before Christmas. Marvellous not having to go outside to the loo up the garden and not having to collect water from the outside tap! You'll survive!