Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

Old Dec 5th 2013, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent legislation Affecting Property Purchase in Hungary ?

RH - If you could point me to the article I will try and help.

Recent reading of the new regulations show that apart from a hierarchy of right to purchase agricultural land the prospective purchaser will have to show that they are engaged in agriculture - however it also appears that an 'ordinary' person will be able to own up to 1 ha of land, so this probably encompasses most of the small vineyards with cellars on the various popular hills together with 'zart kert' properties
Old Dec 5th 2013, 7:36 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
RH - If you could point me to the article I will try and help.

Recent reading of the new regulations show that apart from a hierarchy of right to purchase agricultural land the prospective purchaser will have to show that they are engaged in agriculture - however it also appears that an 'ordinary' person will be able to own up to 1 ha of land, so this probably encompasses most of the small vineyards with cellars on the various popular hills together with 'zart kert' properties
Hi Peter, yes that's how I read it and unless they bring in last minute restrictions - it appears foreigners will be able to purchase the zartkert properties. I will search my history for the article, the first part is, I believe, correct as it was mentioned on several land and law forums - I assume to prevent future pocket contracts involving larger land amounts. It was the retrospective part which I only found on one site and wasn't sure about. Will send you the link if I can find, thanks.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
it appears foreigners will be able to purchase the zartkert properties.
As will Hungarians not living locally (= Budapest). IMO without this part of the legislation the zártkert type of property would become worthless.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think there is any ruling over where you Live to owing a Zártkert I live in Budapest for 4 months with the Wife whom is Hugaryen and the property runs in hear name, I started investergating the new Land Laws in regards to selling on to others than Hungaryen as the price Locals would be rerulctiont to pay. Záartkert are low price to bye but there are very few out there witch have all the comforts ie elelectricater roads even, so I wish to sell but I will be sad the Day I leav it check my classifed add to see wye digger
Old Dec 7th 2013, 8:18 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
As will Hungarians not living locally (= Budapest). IMO without this part of the legislation the zártkert type of property would become worthless.
Absolutely Peter, double edged sword though. Open up to all and risk a loss of tradition and increase in overgrown unkempt properties or restrict ownership based on residency which would make the properties virtually worthless.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 5:06 am
Just Joined

nomic is an unknown quantity at this point

BEVS could you move my origional post to this group please
Old Dec 18th 2013, 11:50 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Hi Peter, can't for the life of me find the link but it appears the final provisions were added on the 15th and so should go through with no further restrictions.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 1:10 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Peter, can't for the life of me find the link but it appears the final provisions were added on the 15th and so should go through with no further restrictions.
I wonder whether the "local committee approval" will apply to the purchase of small under 10,000 sq meter Zartkerts?
Old Dec 19th 2013, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

My self I can not see any objection if it as to go local committee approval, they would welcome all to take up any vacent Zartkerts my area moore plots avable each year, witch reduces income to the Local Taxation and the overgrown plots at last put to some use the ones in use are going at a low price at present Grape field for less than 2 mil. digger
Old Jan 16th 2014, 12:43 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if anyone knows of a web site (in Hungarian I imagine but Google Chrome will help) that sets out the final land law changes & when each part of the legislation comes into effect.

I have a particular interest in closed gardens under 10,000 sq m, but expect that the final rules concerning such plots will be mixed in on general legislation on land law.

all the best
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
I wonder if anyone knows of a web site (in Hungarian I imagine but Google Chrome will help) that sets out the final land law changes & when each part of the legislation comes into effect.

I have a particular interest in closed gardens under 10,000 sq m, but expect that the final rules concerning such plots will be mixed in on general legislation on land law.

all the best
All can add we had a meeting with ower selling Agent in mid December is view that the Local Land Register Office can clarify this, in his view that no foreners wold be interested, owing to Property out side of closed garden is so low in price, I have gondown the line of seeking out agents in UK all of them whent high amount of money to advertise ect. But can they purchase property owing to the fact they do not a Postal address and no Restration Card not only to purchase the property but moore so to have utility bills posted to them selfs as a vast amount of closed garden properties of any postal adores, So we drop the price to rock bottom to at lest to try to attract a Hungarian to it digger
Old Jan 16th 2014, 1:13 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

These type of properties vary dramatically and unfortunately, many foreigners have invested in some which will not be worth what they have paid for a long time. Having been told by unscrupulous agents or indeed friends, many bought in the belief that once the law changed, the property prices would increase dramatically - obviously, this is not true in many cases. To me, they represent excellent value to those looking to buy a house, outside a village, with views and peace and quiet. However, the flip side is that you might not have full utilities or a paved road and therefore, the price should reflect this.
John, the final revisions were made on the 15th of December and foreigners can buy properties up to one hectare.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Re kindle the fire under Closed Garden Property, yes now have full information from Land Registrations in ower Area that plots in closed garden area's can be transferred to EU Citizens and the intended sales notice as to be Posted in the Polymasters office for 60 days so add the time for start of contracts and the final documents this could be a total time of 12 weeks. So how many EU members would be willing to accept this ???? so wear and what is best why, I think in my case is for the Wife to sell me the property this year and then try next year when a sales would be as present 30 days for Hungarian to Hungarian but I will have to pay Tax and the Present high exchange rates I will be out of pocket and evently selling it for less than I invested, so stay put then have to go down the road of a 4by4 we now that the cost of used cars is higher, so over hear every one has got us. digger
Old Jun 13th 2014, 3:47 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

We just sold one Digger and it wasn't 60 days - will PM you with the details.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

We just sold one Digger and it wasn't 60 days - will PM you with the details.
r
Thanks, yourself might find some think in your email thanks digger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.