Reload this Page >

Private Long term car parking near Ferenc airport

Private Long term car parking near Ferenc airport

Old Dec 2nd 2018, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

lendusaquid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Private Long term car parking near Ferenc airport

Hi everyone!

Does anybody know anywhere or perhaps have a secure garage/ drive I could rent? between trips to UK and Balaton
5km approx from Budapest airport, preferably a garage with power, so I could use a battery conditioner on the vehicle when its left (minimal electricity usage).
Looking at the parking firms I may as well rent a car which is still costing too much

Thank you
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 6:43 pm
Banned

Pilis Nemzeti Park Fella is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Private Long term car parking near Ferenc airport

As long as your newish (not older than 4 years) battery is fully charged & you disconnect the battery terminals when you park up the car, there's no need to have a trickle-feed battery charger. It will retain most of the charge for at least 4 months.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks it would be good not to use a trickle charge... not sure of the age of the car just yet, I may bring one over from the UK or buy in Hungary early next year.
Old Dec 2nd 2018, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi just noticed its the age of the battery you were referring to, not the age of the car!!
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lendusaquid
Hi everyone!

Does anybody know anywhere or perhaps have a secure garage/ drive I could rent? between trips to UK and Balaton
5km approx from Budapest airport, preferably a garage with power, so I could use a battery conditioner on the vehicle when its left (minimal electricity usage).
Looking at the parking firms I may as well rent a car which is still costing too much

Thank you
Do you have a property in the Balaton area - if so it may be better to park up at your property and use public transport to get down to the Balaton. Alternatively it would probably be cheaper to rent a garage in your chosen village/town near the Balaton. Down side is that flights must arrive to get the last bus, upside - depending upon where you drive once here - if the car is at the Balaton then you may avoid the need to pay motorway toll fees.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Yes Peter if the house goes through (we've just got the paperwork to do) its got a garage its a village near Sumeg, I've thought about the train, I know they are pretty efficient and cheap, it may have to come to that I've had little response so far for renting a drive, then I also have to buy a car or bring one over from the UK, just trying to get a plan together for when it happens. Thanks for your advice
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

If I can ask - what village near Sumeg? I have friends in Ohid and we are near Tapolca.
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Peter,
Yes we are not far from Ohid and Tapolca if all goes through okay it's in Zalagyömörő we looked at Sumeg itself and the houses seem to be in demand asking (in Hungarian terms a fair bit more) , we first went up North to Zabar near Ozd but a few negatives put us off the area, lovely Bukk hills and scenery liked Eger a lot, friend of ours has a place in Szentendre, and they are looking at Balaton for a second place, they encouraged us to take a look at the area glad we looked at Northen Balaton/ Sumeg. What's life like in Tapocia for you?
Old Dec 4th 2018, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

The Tapolca area is OK. We have been here 25 years and so have gone native - more or less. SWMBO is Hungarian so that helped.

Good luck with the house purchase!
Old Dec 4th 2018, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Thanks, Peter, glad to hear you have settled in !!
Old Dec 4th 2018, 5:14 pm
Banned

No way would I be able to persuade my wife to live anywhere more than 1hr from Budapest Central (born & bred etc).

If I could be selfish & choose again with complete freedom, I'd probably still think the Pilis Hills are a great place to live - but for retirement in the sun it would have to be somewhere like Pecs. Not that we lack the sun - but Pecs just gets that little bit more lol - and a lovely bit of Hungary.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Just been googling the places you mentioned, we have a lot to explore and I must admit I've been finding the driving a real pleasure (outside Budapest)
Old Dec 4th 2018, 6:52 pm
Banned

Definitely take a good look around where we live - the Pilis Hills - I think the Hungarians call them mountains but they're just hills. It's the Duna Ipoly Nemzeti Park (National Park) and very green & unspoilt. Have you done a tour around the Danube Bend and the Pilis Hills villages? Lovely part of Hungary in our 'corner' - not a lot to see apart from villages and small towns though I suppose Esztergom is slightly bigger. (Szentendre is on the edge and proper commuter land.) But - and this is what my wife demands - Budapest is just an hour or so away. 45-50 mins for us, house door to Vorosmarty Ter. And property is obviously a *LOT* cheaper than when you get closer to BP - though nothing like as cheap as you get in deepest Hungary.
Old Dec 4th 2018, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Will defo take a tour of the regions you mention, been to Esztergom for a quick visit.
from the Tata direction on way back from Balaton on route to Szentendre, I went via the long route and used the newly opened motorway.. flat straight and pretty empty, (no blue lights!!) just before Esztergom the nav took me through a very windy road (it was raining and dark so couldn't see a right lot of the villages) I went through some great roads and had my first big red deer run in front of me, it was some sight in the lights, probably not a good thing, some of you will say!
Old Mar 4th 2019, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi Peter
Hope you are well & don't mind me asking for some help/advice . I posted in December about trying to find a place nr Budapest Airport to stable a vehicle that I plan on driving over. I have just about given up on that option. You mentioned the trains being a good reliable method of travelling in Hungary. Any recommendations-tips for the method of travel from the airport down to the Sumeg area would be appreciated. Ive been looking at the MAV site...looks more daunting than driving down!! (been driving the cars too long!)
Thanks Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.