Ouch!

Old Jul 30th 2023, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ouch!

A week ago I was gobsmacked when a deaf friend asked me how I could afford to buy a house in the UK. He asked if I had won the lottery. The answer to that is No. I had saved enough for a deposit and got a mortgage for my first property, a two bedroomed flat. The area was gentrified and value of property went through the roof! That gave me enough to buy a second property.
Try explaining that to a Hungarian in my village they'd never understand.
I felt really offended because the deaf friend house was bought with the proceeds from a property bought with lottery money! Only the other day he'd said he had worked hard all his life .... but come on ..... was it from his earnings to buy his house .... nope! 100% lottery funded!
I've also been quizzed on how much I have in the bank after buying our house, home improvements, and buying a new car! My response ....... a blank face.

Old Jul 30th 2023, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ouch!

In addition to the above before I ordered my Skoda Kodiaq I was thinking of buying a Honda CR-V. Deaf friends son accompanied me at the car showroom. Later I got wind of a "joke" between him and his parents I'd sell that Honda CR-V after three years to them at a generous discount!
I didn't find it very funny!
Suffice to say I've made it clear my Skoda Kodiaq will be my last car before hanging up my driving gloves.
If I sell it it will be at Hungarian used car sale prices based on kilom├ęteres.
Old Jul 30th 2023, 2:59 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of transportation issues , I sold my 5 series BMW last year and since then both of my good neighbours whom used to on occasion drive me around before I had the car have now had accidents with their vehicles and commented they wish I still had mine so I could loan it to them or drive them around. I was barely driving the thing and it need some expensive repairs that I did not want to spend money on so I sold it at a loss to get rid of the vehicle insurance and MOT that were soon coming due. Lettting a vehicle sit is never a good idea.
Old Jul 30th 2023, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
Speaking of transportation issues , I sold my 5 series BMW last year and since then both of my good neighbours whom used to on occasion drive me around before I had the car have now had accidents with their vehicles and commented they wish I still had mine so I could loan it to them or drive them around. I was barely driving the thing and it need some expensive repairs that I did not want to spend money on so I sold it at a loss to get rid of the vehicle insurance and MOT that were soon coming due. Lettting a vehicle sit is never a good idea.
The accidents your neighbours have had I think it was a very good decision to get rid of your car. I wouldn't be happy if neighbours crashed my car!
Old Jul 30th 2023, 4:29 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
The accidents your neighbours have had I think it was a very good decision to get rid of your car. I wouldn't be happy if neighbours crashed my car!
I must say both of these neighbours are great neighbours and I am happy to help them as much as I can. However, I cannot see owning and maintaining a vehicle that at the end I was driving less than 100 km per month after Tesco started offering hom delivery in my area my reason for purchasing it originally went away. Now I understand InterSpar in my area is also offering home delivery. I did have a look at their website but since my Hungarian is very limited I never could figure out how to make an account. They do not have an English version of their online shop. If I can get signed up I could use it though. I will have to get one of the 2 neighbours with no drivable vehicles to come help me make an account and tell me anything I need to know about their delivery and policies. Too bad they do not have an English or German version of the site I can manage most German language websites.
Old Jul 30th 2023, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

I must say both of these neighbours are great neighbours and I am happy to help them as much as I can. However, I cannot see owning and maintaining a vehicle that at the end I was driving less than 100 km per month after Tesco started offering hom delivery in my area my reason for purchasing it originally went away. Now I understand InterSpar in my area is also offering home delivery. I did have a look at their website but since my Hungarian is very limited I never could figure out how to make an account. They do not have an English version of their online shop. If I can get signed up I could use it though. I will have to get one of the 2 neighbours with no drivable vehicles to come help me make an account and tell me anything I need to know about their delivery and policies. Too bad they do not have an English or German version of the site I can manage most German language websites.
I get around the problem of Hungarian only websites by using Google Chrome on my desktop Mac ... open the website, right click anywhere on the page and a dropdown box gives the option of translating into English ... very useful ...
Old Jul 30th 2023, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hobgoblins
I get around the problem of Hungarian only websites by using Google Chrome on my desktop Mac ... open the website, right click anywhere on the page and a dropdown box gives the option of translating into English ... very useful ...
My mobile automatically translates Hungarian to English. On my lap top I just need to click translate and it does the business.
Old Jul 30th 2023, 7:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by FenTiger
My mobile automatically translates Hungarian to English. On my lap top I just need to click translate and it does the business.
I do not have a mobile phone or an lap top with a translate feauture.. I tried Google translate but the InterSpar website could not have the dialogue box test work with cut and paste. That was where I got lost. No matter I will get a native to help me and I should be good to go.
Old Jul 30th 2023, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to open your browser, go to google.com and punch in the search term or name of the website you want to visit. Google will normally offer the option of translating the site for you, especially if you are visiting a .hu site and have English as your laptop settings.
Old Jul 30th 2023, 10:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by calman014
You need to open your browser, go to google.com and punch in the search term or name of the website you want to visit. Google will normally offer the option of translating the site for you, especially if you are visiting a .hu site and have English as your laptop settings.
You are right, normally but for some reason it does not work on the InterSpar.hu website. I have just monkied around and even tried using a different compiuter. All my computers are Lenovo or Dell desktops. I do not know if that makes any difference, they all were sourced from back home in the UK. Thanks for your reply.
Old Jul 30th 2023, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

You are right, normally but for some reason it does not work on the InterSpar.hu website. I have just monkied around and even tried using a different compiuter. All my computers are Lenovo or Dell desktops. I do not know if that makes any difference, they all were sourced from back home in the UK. Thanks for your reply.
I just gave it a try out of curiosity using the right click - translate to English ... left that site but then went back to the site and it automatically translated it without me doing anything. Not saying it will work on your set up but it might ...

Old Jul 30th 2023, 10:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by hobgoblins
I just gave it a try out of curiosity using the right click - translate to English ... left that site but then went back to the site and it automatically translated it without me doing anything. Not saying it will work on your set up but it might ...

I guess the fact I am using W7 could also be a factor? I hated W10 when I tried it and I am sure W11 will not change my mind.
Old Jul 30th 2023, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

I guess the fact I am using W7 could also be a factor? I hated W10 when I tried it and I am sure W11 will not change my mind.
Possibly as Windows 7 no longer gets any updates so it could be that feature isn't available. I have a laptop running Windows 10 but only as an emergency back up and I've rarely used it so I don't know if it translates but I would be surprised if it doesn't.
Old Jul 31st 2023, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Ouch!

You could look closer at your Google Account settings or try installing Google Chrome or Firefox. The browser shown above is Safari most likely on an Apple computer.

Windows 7 was always great, but with such an old system you may be missing out on some helpful modern features.
Please ensure you have an up to date antivirus programme or internet security installed while you continue to use W7.

Tip: Lenovo makes nice Chromebooks which are not so expensive.

Last edited by calman014; Jul 31st 2023 at 3:50 am.
Old Jul 31st 2023, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

The browser shown above is Safari most likely on an Apple computer.
As per a previous post. it is indeed a Mac but the browser is Chrome, not Safari, just to clarify !

Last edited by Rosemary; Jul 31st 2023 at 6:28 am. Reason: corrected quote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.