Off to UK

Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off to UK

Hi,
Just to let you all know that I am off to the UK for a month, so peace and quite on the forum, well from me at least!

I have booked my narrowboat in for a complete repaint at the end of April, unfortunately boat and paint are at present seperated by a hundred odd miles of canal plus 140 locks, some of which may well be frozen, so some warmer weather would help my cause but then it would melt the snow in Wales and flood the River Severn which I need to spend the first couple of days trying to go up, so swings and round-a-bouts, but that as they say is life!

Checked Airport and trains and all working normally this end, just hope England can get it's act together for once and not have any traffic chaos t'other end.
(back in 5 weeks)
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off to UK

Enjoy
Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

capricorn2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope your trip goes well Duztee.

It is absolutely freezing in Kent at the moment and they are threatening snow again for us on Thursday.

Hope the painting goes well.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

It's very cold here in the UK with some serious snow drifts in places but not down here in Kent. (Just seen Capricorn's post ..... we must be at different ends of Kent!).

Hope you get your narrow boat sorted and the weather is ideal for what you need to do.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

We also have deaf friends from Budapest flying to Gatwick late Saturday. They are a bit worried about the snow in Hungary and the plane not being able to take off. I think they will be in for a shocker when they realise how cold it is here!

Last edited by FenTiger; Mar 26th 2013 at 7:44 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by duztee
Hi,
Just to let you all know that I am off to the UK for a month, so peace and quite on the forum, well from me at least!

I have booked my narrowboat in for a complete repaint at the end of April, unfortunately boat and paint are at present seperated by a hundred odd miles of canal plus 140 locks, some of which may well be frozen, so some warmer weather would help my cause but then it would melt the snow in Wales and flood the River Severn which I need to spend the first couple of days trying to go up, so swings and round-a-bouts, but that as they say is life!

Checked Airport and trains and all working normally this end, just hope England can get it's act together for once and not have any traffic chaos t'other end.
(back in 5 weeks)
Don't forget clocks go forward this Sunday at 1am.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:13 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great trip :-)
Old Mar 28th 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

capricorn2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fenn Tiger - I didn't say Kent had snow - I said that snow was forecast on Thursday for Kent, which is still the case.

Have a great Easter everyone.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also in UK at the moment and I will be glad to get back to sanity i.e. Hungary! My first few days at the cottage were spent with no heating as the flue fan had seized in the gas boiler. Next thing was my bank cancelled my debit card so I could not get money for food etc. I ended up borrowing money from a friend until the banks re-opened today.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

River Severn had 4.1 metres of flood water flowing against me.
The canals are frozen over every morning.
But when the sun come out and I can chug along then life's not so bad!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:15 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I'm also in UK at the moment and I will be glad to get back to sanity i.e. Hungary! My first few days at the cottage were spent with no heating as the flue fan had seized in the gas boiler. Next thing was my bank cancelled my debit card so I could not get money for food etc. I ended up borrowing money from a friend until the banks re-opened today.
Nightmare Fib, hope the rest of the trip goes more smoothly