Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

New restrictions on energy usage? KATA Changes?

New restrictions on energy usage? KATA Changes?

Old Jul 13th 2022, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New restrictions on energy usage? KATA Changes?

Hi,
The planned changes that limit households to 200 MWH a month at the current cheap price and anything above on a much higher tariff.

The KATA changes?
Old Jul 13th 2022, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New restrictions on energy usage? KATA Changes?

Originally Posted by jetsam1
Hi,
The planned changes that limit households to 200 MWH a month at the current cheap price and anything above on a much higher tariff.

The KATA changes?
Surely you mean 200 KW/H per month ? I haven't heard anything about this as yet though ....
Old Jul 13th 2022, 7:31 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

The KATA changes?

In light of the current energy situation and winter coming in a few months I am not surprised at this move. I am already frugal with my electricty and gas usage so I doubt I notice much if any increase in my bills for energy.

Last edited by Jack_Russells4ever; Jul 13th 2022 at 8:22 pm. Reason: spelling errors
Old Jul 13th 2022, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

hobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond reputehobgoblins has a reputation beyond repute

I have just read this ... it shouldn't make any difference to the normal consumer as far as electricity use goes ...
​​​​​​https://dailynewshungary.com/governm...guCFaXgK_JD10I
Old Jul 14th 2022, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond reputejetsam1 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife almost exploded over this...................... A lot of Hungarians are apparently especially younger ones. We are already paying Western prices on Eastern wages for everything. I have been lucky enough to get a substantial pay increase this year and it is wiped out already. Recession on the way? I think she is fed up (along with many of her peers) of being expected to carry all the weight as a normal person. In Bacs Kiskun the big farmers have been in trouble with Avian Flu and fraud investigations and frankly any goodwill is gone for them. Hearing people in the villages are starting to get fighty (verbal aggro, stress based arguing that sort of thing).

I note that the cap is much higher for those with 3 kids and above amusingly. The agenda! Our two kids probably make as much washing as 3 as makes no practical difference. With a washing machine, fridge freezer, electric oven plus lights etc it will add up. I work from home most of the time and am contractually obliged to have a working space well lit and heated. May have to rethink watering the vegetables as running the pump might become problematic as that is not part of the average energy usage. We have a big kitchen garden.

How have they calculated the average? What assumptions are made? What has been left out? There is a limit in the modern world to how much electricity can be saved. We are lucky I suppose having the option for wood burning heating and if we juggle the kitchen could get an old sparhelt refitted. But then the cost of the petrol for the chainsaw........ We will not be able to win will we?

I suppose all the rich people are busy getting solar panels fitted....................... And that POS in the Kremlin is laughing his head off.

Thankfully we don't have a mortgage or having to pay rent....................... My colleagues are getting worried.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

These utility price increases are insane !! I'm not sure if it will make a difference to me personally, it depends how it is calculated ... I pay once a year and my average is 60,000 which is an average of 5,000 per month which is fine if they work on the average, however, if they work it month to month then I would imagine the winter months usage will be higher than the summer months, although not much difference in my case.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobgoblins
Surely those figures can't be right.
We live in an old, valyog house with 1 bedroom, don't use electricity for heating or hot water and our monthly bill is 22,000ft which we think is extortionate. According to that list we'll be paying over 100,000ft per month!
Old Jul 14th 2022, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I am genuinely concerned if this is right. Going to bankrupt half the country! We will be struggling with it.

My next concern is going to be the fallout, I see rioting and political violence on the way as people surely won't accept it. Not after the last year of Fisesz crying about how they have been really helping people and then when winter is coming along we get double fuel prices.

So if we are up at over 120,000 a month plus in December a lot people get the bill for the difference between the average and the real usage going to be carnage. Maybe in Western Europe you could maybe just about manage but here on Hungarian wages? Not a chance.

Last edited by jetsam1; Jul 14th 2022 at 1:10 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

I am genuinely concerned if this is right. Going to bankrupt half the country! We will be struggling with it.
And we haven't touched on KATA yet. My wife and I are teachers, working in different establishments but we won't be able to continue there if changes aren't made. We will have to teach online only. So.ething that I'm not comfortable with. 🤬🤬
Old Jul 14th 2022, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

I have seen that chart posted in a couple of different places and like many others, I'm hoping it is not correct otherwise yes, there will be a lot of angry people having to do without energy supplies. I would also be interested to know if the calculation includes the service charge as that makes up a fair percentage of my bill or will the calculations be done on actual electricity / gas consumed ?
Old Jul 14th 2022, 1:27 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

If this is correct than my electric bill currentl is just under 12,000 forints a month will rise to about 35,000 per month and my gas bill is now 17,000 per month will increase to about 23,500 per month. If this is indeed correct and it goes in effect I can see I will be installing my own off grid solar panel system next year and saying good bye to EON. I am a retired electrician and I know EON does not have favourable policies in regards to solar power that can sell back excess power to the grid and they do not allow on grid / off grid capable systems so I will just install an off grid system of my own. I already had plans to start burning wood for heat next year so this will make me speed up my plans. These price rises are insane.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

The KATA changes?
Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
If this is correct than my electric bill currentl is just under 12,000 forints a month will rise to about 35,000 per month and my gas bill is now 17,000 per month will increase to about 23,500 per month. If this is indeed correct and it goes in effect I can see I will be installing my own off grid solar panel system next year and saying good bye to EON. I am a retired electrician and I know EON does not have favourable policies in regards to solar power that can sell back excess power to the grid and they do not allow on grid / off grid capable systems so I will just install an off grid system of my own. I already had plans to start burning wood for heat next year so this will make me speed up my plans. These price rises are insane.
I am really hoping that this chart proves to be fake but I guess we will find out soon enough.
Retired electrician you say ... you should visit my house, the electrics will give you nightmares for months !!!
Old Jul 14th 2022, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Three-quarters of households will not be affected by the change because their consumption is below the average level, he said, adding that market prices will only apply to consumption over the average for the remaining one-quarter of households as well.
Three quarters? Are they sure about that?
Old Jul 14th 2022, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

The average consumption is very low. Most families are going to be more like 430 KW/H.

Yes, if I had the spare money right now there would be solar getting set up.But young family etc suck all my money away....
Old Jul 14th 2022, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
Surely those figures can't be right.
We live in an old, valyog house with 1 bedroom, don't use electricity for heating or hot water and our monthly bill is 22,000ft which we think is extortionate. According to that list we'll be paying over 100,000ft per month!
I live in a 1 bedroom 65 sq m adobe house and my gas bill is around 10 000 ft a month. That's for central heating, hot water and cooking. I also have two dogs that in winter go in and out of the house dozens of times every day, leaving the front door wide open! My electricity bill is around 7 000ft a month which is for lighting, microwave and small table top oven.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.