Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

nagyivan or papasalamon information

nagyivan or papasalamon information

Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nagyivan or papasalamon information

Hi folks does anyone know what the villages of nagyivan and papasalamon are like they are two names that keep comming up but I can find very little about them, they are different ends of the country so hoping someone ca give me the heads up
Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:37 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nagyivan or papasalamon information

Originally Posted by heli2010
Hi folks does anyone know what the villages of nagyivan and papasalamon are like they are two names that keep comming up but I can find very little about them, they are different ends of the country so hoping someone ca give me the heads up
Not sure what you mean by "keep coming up" as one is a tiny village that many locals have probably never heard of.
Have you actually visited Hungary before?
Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

cant say I have really experienced Hungary have been through it several times on way to Bulgaria and been to budapest on weekend breaks

nagyivan I am told is on road when going to hortobagy

papasalamon came up because my brother and his collegues errected mobile phone masts in that area
Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:12 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heli2010
cant say I have really experienced Hungary have been through it several times on way to Bulgaria and been to budapest on weekend breaks

nagyivan I am told is on road when going to hortobagy

papasalamon came up because my brother and his collegues errected mobile phone masts in that area
You should spend a week or two driving around looking at the different areas as it is an extremely diverse country. You can hire a motorhome in Budapest or bring your car over and plan a route staying at B&B's along the way. Once you have narrowed down your search area, it will be easier to focus on finding a property in that area.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

Nagyiván is not too far from us (maybe 10-12km cross country), I don't know a great deal about the village, we drove through it once on the way to Debrecen. But it is not far from Berekfürdö, a Spa town which has one of my favourite spas in Hungary and Tiszaörs which is a charming small town again with a thermal spa. It is maybe a 25km trip from the nearest large town, which is Tiszafured (northern end of lake Tisza) which has all that you will need for day to day living. It is also on the border, as you say of the Hortobagy national park, once you get to the 33 road you are probably an hour from the centre of Debrecen which is a major University town in the east of the country
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Budapest like any capital of a country is very different to the countryside. You really do need to go beyond Budapest to see what it is like outside the capital. I don't live in Hungary but am married to a Hungarian and have travelled to quite a few places outside Budapest, mostly to the East and North of Hungary. My wife's family live in Malyi.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

duztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond reputeduztee has a reputation beyond repute

As said only your personal views of somewhere are going to be any good, you are the one(s) thinking of investing a future in the place.

All countries vary, there are parts of Hungary that look like East Anglia and other parts more resemble the Lake District, come for a holiday and have a look around.