Reload this Page >

Moving to Hungary

Moving to Hungary

Old Feb 23rd 2014, 9:43 am
Just Joined

Avalon1959 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Hungary

Hi everybody,
Just joined the forum. My partner and I are looking to move to Hungary within the next year. We would like to buy a plot of land with a view to creating our own campsite for motorhomes, caravans and tents. Its a new venture for us and we would welcome any advice. The areas we are interested in are west of Veszprem or South towards Pecs. We would prefer a quieter area away from the main tourist areas of Lake Balaton with a view to catering for tourists interested in cycling, hiking, fishing and the quiter side of life. Can anyone help us with rules, regs etc setting up a business. We intend to look for a plot of land with some outbuildings to renovate. We would be looking at moving to the area on a full time basis.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 7:39 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Hungary

Hi and welcome to the BE forums, as concierge for the Hungarian section, feel free to contact me should you need any help on using the forum.

There is another user planning on doing exactly the same as you are, I think they are further along with the process and might be able to share some info, tips etc.

The key point will be location as the Lake area is saturated and other areas really do not have enough tourism to sustain a business.
What nationality is your target market? If British, there are few caravans come as far as Hungary, those with motor homes tend to do a similar circuit which is through Croatia, into Hungary at Letenye, across to the lakeside and up to Budapest before returning via Austria or Slovenia.
Regards regs and rules, it's a bit of a minefield and your first port of call would be the mayor, if they don't like the idea then it won't go any further, if they are on-board and provided with enough incentive then anything is possible.
Best of luck and hope it works for you
Old Feb 24th 2014, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Avalon1959 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for your info. Would you be able to put us in contact with the other user although, of course, we don't want to tread on their toes. . We are looking at targeting British, German , Dutch and French as well as the Hungarian market. We also have a very good contact withing the British motorhome fraternity.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 11:27 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I'll check with them if that's okay and pass on their details