Mattresses

Old Jul 20th 2013, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice
Default Re: Mattress

Originally Posted by kohoutek View Post
Anyone know a good place to buy single mattresses from, heading out to our house in Vas region on 14th August, and am looking for 4 new single mattresses, for the 1960s beds already in the house.

Michael/Julie
IKEA and you can test out all the combinations from hard to soft, sprung unsprung, good back bad back etc in the store before buying, reasonable prices in my opinion.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you measure the old mattresses to make sure you get the correct size.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fidobsa View Post
I suggest you measure the old mattresses to make sure you get the correct size.
Very good advice. I had a right old run around last year trying to buy a mattress for a UK King Sized bed...in the end I just bought a sofa bed and thus became a true daughter of Hungary I know your beds are Hungarian...but you never know, sizes can vary.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

kohoutek is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advise guys/gals

sizes are 1840x920

Does Metro/Praktiker/Obi or similar sell them?

The bedroom furniture is old 1960s, two single beds, put together.

We want to keep the house as traditional as is.

Michael
Attached Thumbnails Mattresses-p1050687.jpg  
Old Jul 20th 2013, 2:17 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mattresses

Just tidied up the mattress threads

Try Jysk - their stuff is usually good
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

mr87009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary View Post
Just tidied up the mattress threads

Try Jysk - their stuff is usually good
We've bought two bunk beds from Jysk for the kids' bedroom. They have a small double on the bottom and a single on the top and are quite good for the money. It also means we'll have plenty of sleeping capacity in the house

Regarding IKEA I found their prices to be slightly cheaper than in the UK, but their delivery policy to be illogical and very expensive, hence I've only bought stuff from there that would fit into the back of the car!

Matt
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mr87009 View Post
We've bought two bunk beds from Jysk for the kids' bedroom. They have a small double on the bottom and a single on the top and are quite good for the money. It also means we'll have plenty of sleeping capacity in the house

Regarding IKEA I found their prices to be slightly cheaper than in the UK, but their delivery policy to be illogical and very expensive, hence I've only bought stuff from there that would fit into the back of the car!

Matt
I think Jysk is a great shop, can't get me out of there once in And yes I agree about the IKEA delivery policy...we only buy stuff that will fit in the car too.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Tapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really niceTapsony-Hungary is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr87009 View Post

Matt
We've never used the IKEA delivery system so can't comment on the charges, but have used the roof of the car for beds/mattresses strapped on a la Hungary style, in winter, slight snow, and driven along the motorway. The police did not try to stop us doing this when they passed us. Not so if in the UK i think.
Also remove as much packaging as possible before leaving the depot, (give them back the packaging) to save on space, used the IKEA Family card and special deals to get some good bargains.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:23 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi View Post
I think Jysk is a great shop, can't get me out of there once in And yes I agree about the IKEA delivery policy...we only buy stuff that will fit in the car too.
Only issue I ever had was with a dining table, veneer kept flaking off - shame as I really liked it as well. They took it back and issued a refund without any hassle