Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Location of outdoor oven/kitchen

Location of outdoor oven/kitchen

Old Jun 2nd 2021, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Location of outdoor oven/kitchen

Are there any rules on the siting or location of an outdoor oven/kitchen?
Just wondered because we're planning to build an extension at rear of new house. At end of the garden on same side our new house is the neighbours have an outdoor oven/kitchen just over the other side of the boundary. I'm thinking is this the norm in Hungary? Where we are living the neighbours have an outdoor oven/kitchen and it is clearly "miles" away from MIL house so no issue with any drifting smoke or smells. Seems they got it spot on. So I'm wondering if new house neighbours have installed outdoor oven/kitchen in wrong location.
I'll draw a plan if it makes it easier to explain.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location of outdoor oven/kitchen

As far as I know there are no rules about the siting of out door kitchens / BBQs etc. other than the usual regs regarding nuisance and fire safety if it is an open fire. Of course if they were there first then you won't have much luck if it gets in the way of your extension.,
Old Jun 11th 2021, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location of outdoor oven/kitchen

We will have to have a rethink on where the windows will be. The seller did mention the neighbours don't use it very often so when they do we'll just close the windows.
You're quite right their outdoor kitchen was there first.