Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

A little help is needed please !!!

A little help is needed please !!!

Old May 24th 2011, 11:02 am
Account Closed

BRUMYAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A little help is needed please !!!

I was wondering if anyone could shine a bit of light on a small query that we have. Me and my wife are soon about to complete on the sale of our house and move to Hungary. We would like to know once a house in Hungary as been bought and paid for in full does the new owner ( us ) receive the deeds to the house, As in the uk or is it totally different ?? I have been told that maybe the solicitor keeps them and the new owner never gets to see them But what if the solicitor ever closes down or dies !! The previous owner also from the you says he as never seen the deeds, This is something i would like to know about and the best thing is to ask other u.k buyers like yourselves i would be very grateful for all reply's
Old May 24th 2011, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: A little help is needed please !!!

Originally Posted by BRUMYAM
I was wondering if anyone could shine a bit of light on a small query that we have. Me and my wife are soon about to complete on the sale of our house and move to Hungary. We would like to know once a house in Hungary as been bought and paid for in full does the new owner ( us ) receive the deeds to the house, As in the uk or is it totally different ?? I have been told that maybe the solicitor keeps them and the new owner never gets to see them But what if the solicitor ever closes down or dies !! The previous owner also from the you says he as never seen the deeds, This is something i would like to know about and the best thing is to ask other u.k buyers like yourselves i would be very grateful for all reply's

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER ME !!!! if you can
Old May 24th 2011, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

I am currently in the same position as you (moving in the next few weeks). I have not seen the deeds and have been told that solicitor hangs on to them, and for a small charge you can get them yourself. I have however had sight of a copy of the plot plan.
Old May 24th 2011, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

bronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant futurebronty has a brilliant future

The system is slightly different in Hungary to the UK. I have recently asked about my deeds and was concerned too. The deeds are registered in the land registry and all you get is confirmation that it is registered. You do not have to have the physical deeds in a safe place like at home. However, you can ask for a copy for your own records which you have to pay for. Keep payment and transaction reciepts, and records of all the solicitors papers. These deeds are also confirmed with the local authority for tax purposes, and you should get some confirmation of that through the post. They sent mine, one in my husbands name, and one in my name to our UK address. Don't panic.
Old May 24th 2011, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

Thank you so much for your answers !! i was starting to think something maybe wrong !!!! now i feel a lot better about the matter
Old May 24th 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

brumyam, we did eventually get the deeds to our property which is one sheet of paper stamped by the "Sigma" ( land registry) but we have no plans of our property but I believe you can get a plan for a small fee. We also paid a "one off" property duty fee which varies in amounts depending on where you have purchased I beleive its like stamp duty. We pay council tax etc etc so dont worry. I assume you have registered with your local water board to put you as liable we have yet to do this and need to present a copy of the deed document but we have paid water rates to date even thoughthey still have the previous owner registered, its just paperwork and updating records. We have yet to move but shiuld be next year.
Old May 27th 2011, 12:10 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

There won't be a problem with the title deeds, he (no names mentioned) obviously just hasn't applied for his before and wasn't aware of how the system worked.
I would be more concerned about ensuring the mayor and neighbours have given permission to keep 10 dogs on the property. Hopefully though, you have already have that in hand and everything goes smoothly.