Importing from Hungary

Importing from Hungary

Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Ishy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Importing from Hungary

Hi

I am going to import coca cola cans from Hungary

Can anyone tell me how much the locals can buy a can of coca cola for?

Also can anyone give me names of wholesalers or cash & carrys in Hungary who wholesale drinks

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 9th 2014, 10:10 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing from Hungary

Hi and welcome to the BE froums.
Can of coke in Tesco is about £0.43. There is Metro cash and carry, not sure what the wholesale price is though you could contact them - details bottom right hand corner. They should have somebody who speaks English.
Good luck
Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Zelda is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you do not sell it to the British kids...they are already getting fatter an fatter...big concern!

I have not a foggiest clue on how much these drinks cost, as we never buy them. I have just found out from Rural, she knows everything. I think Metro near Budapest sells these products in big bulk.

Good luck anyway!
LZ xo
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the venture

BUT from an environmental view point I have a bit of a problem with trucking water, fizzy water, and sugared fizzy water (with artificial colouring/flavoring) around Europe.

I support Lady Z's comments and would add that Its not just the UK where the sugared acidified drinks are ruining health and teeth.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Much cheaper to buy the 2litre bottles. Cola light works out about £1 at today's exchange rate.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 9:37 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of high sugar/high fat diets being an issue in the UK, to refer to children as getting fatter and fatter is a bit tasteless (no pun intended). There are children who are overweight through no fault of their own and perhaps, as Peter did, using the term health issues would be more correct.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Jun 10th 2014 at 10:12 am.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, Rural, that is the truth, I made my point.

Children are over fed and if you listen to the news even the Experts use exactly this term "children are getting fatter". Nothing seems to me tasteless when I have only mentioned the truth. You may be an expert in everything, so perhaps I should back down and keep my mouth shut every time I have an opinion on things that may concern me.

Yes. It is no fault of their own. It is the parents, in most cases, who over feed their children and it is the supermarkets who sell all those sugary and fatty foods.

No person on this planet gets fat or, using your words overweight, if he or she does not take in more energy through food and drinks than his or her body needs. That is a fact.

Probably this is a bit hard to comprehend, but any expert would agree on this, that during the war no person was ever overweight in a concentration or or prisoners of war camps.

We unfortunately all consume more than our body needs to function. We all need to admit that in order to accept the reality and the World Health Organisation's great concerns. I did not slag off any child or any adult in my post for their body shape or sizes, I simply had an opinion of my own, if that is clear to you.

Yes, fact and truth, the children all over the world are getting fatter and fatter. Full stop!
LZ x

PS.....and by someone importing sugary cheap drinks from Hungary to the UK because they sell it cheaper here, it would not help the British kids to get healthier and less fatter. But good luck to their business. Everybody tries to make a living. Some sell sugary drinks, some sell houses, it's a business.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 2:28 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

And the children who are overweight due to disability, illness or a disorder? Those who suffer torments of fatty, fat this and that on a daily basis to the point that they commit suicide? There are kinder ways of saying things - that was my point.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Over eating is nothing to do with real issues with disability or other illnesses.

My comment was purely about sugary drinks and overeating. It does not matter. Every parent is responsible for his or her children. I did my job at the time, now I let the younger generations to do their own job. I am out of this. LZ
Old Jun 10th 2014, 2:59 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by cathyg
Much cheaper to buy the 2litre bottles. Cola light works out about £1 at today's exchange rate.
Do you ever buy Pepsi? I only ever bought pepsi max as a mixer but always found it quite flat compared to the bottles in the UK.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately and rather on topic for this thread I am on a diet so am drinking cola light as it is calorie free! Whilst I have had more time in Hungary I have rediscovered home baking, this has led to me and OH putting on lots of weight which has been confirmed by me not fitting into last years summer clothes
Old Jun 10th 2014, 4:07 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Good luck with the diet Cathy I'm the opposite, since being in the UK, I have stopped drinking and eating more fish and prawns and as a result, I have lost about 2 stone!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it is a good idea to just import coca cola cans .... I would have thought a variety of what's out there would be a better bet. Not everyone likes drinking from cans. It's also as mentioned above 1 or 2 litre bottles are cheaper.

If there was a profit to make from this I would have thought someone had already sourced this and is already distributing imported coca cola.

I only drink the stuff when I need a caffeine boost!