Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Good places in which to buy a big house near Budapest?

Good places in which to buy a big house near Budapest?

Old May 17th 2016, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

diablogun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good places in which to buy a big house near Budapest?

I am coming first to find the place, and this is part of the process (chatting with the locals) :-)
Old May 18th 2016, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the time, drive around a bit, look at everything, the stores, the medical facilities etc ...
Some places are a bit backwards - when the only stores around are of the Mom&Pop type and the nearest supermarket/hardware store is 30 km away, some things get difficult.
All this has been discussed already of course, so you might look at some threads or just use your imagination for different situations when you come over:
What to do/where to go if this or that happens?
Old May 18th 2016, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

If you can learn Hungarian, fine, if not, forget it. From speaking to various backpackers etc and from my own experience, Hungary is the country in Europe with the lowest proportion of people who speak English. Budapest is different, you could get by with English there but if you are living in a village or town you will find very few people speak English.
Old May 18th 2016, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fidobsa
If you can learn Hungarian, fine, if not, forget it. From speaking to various backpackers etc and from my own experience, Hungary is the country in Europe with the lowest proportion of people who speak English. Budapest is different, you could get by with English there but if you are living in a village or town you will find very few people speak English.
Yes, but learning the language wherever one decides to live should be the fun part. However, it will likely take 5 years or so to be any good!
Old May 18th 2016, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wolfi
If you have the time, drive around a bit, look at everything, the stores, the medical facilities etc ...
Some places are a bit backwards - when the only stores around are of the Mom&Pop type and the nearest supermarket/hardware store is 30 km away, some things get difficult.
All this has been discussed already of course, so you might look at some threads or just use your imagination for different situations when you come over:
What to do/where to go if this or that happens?
Agree completely. I like smaller towns/villages, but I also like to have a good restaurant and pub within a fair distance, as well as good schools for the kids...
Old May 19th 2016, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tárnok about 10 km to Budapest M7 or road no7 Tran services every 20 minutes this time of year www.ingatlan.com I have to friends living there one recently purchased a par of sent detach maid into one property he was able to negotiate price drop from 10m to 7m but again my other friend asking price 18.8m drop to 14,2m she's got 3 bed in reasonable brick built house
On ingatlaon.com Remax advert House 127m2 land 800m2 from photos it's looking good but there is lots more in same village and I sure be able to think about this suggestion digger47
Old May 19th 2016, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, digger!

Just one remark:
Commuting on the N7 into Budapest every day might be rather time consuming ...
Trains are probably a better idea!

Here is a list of apartments/houses in Tárnok:

Eladó lakások Tárnok - ingatlan.com
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

lulu122 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Diablogun, I have sent you a message with some details of how we found our house here in Hungary