Firestick

Old Feb 21st 2023, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Firestick

Anyone using a fire stick with a smart tv with VPN. Any problems please
Old Feb 21st 2023, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Firestick

Yes, I use the 4k firestick with an LG tv and surfshark VPN to connect to UK content using firestick apps like ALL4.
It can be difficult installing the Apps if your region is not set to the country the app is for. But once it is installed and you change back it does not dissappear.
VPNs do not always work for everything, the content provider can defeat them if they really want.
Old Feb 22nd 2023, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Hopping in from the Spain forum. Interesting you should mention it. Last week I couldn't connect to NetFlix, BBC etc when using Smart DNS on my TV. The only solution I could find was to sideload NordVPN on a Firestick and sideload all the apps I wanted. It works although it buffers a little, something I never experienced using the SmartDNS option on the TV directly.
Old Feb 22nd 2023, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

With the buffering I would test the firestick without the VPN on say youtube. If it is still buffer check the position of the firestick in relation to your wifi router (assuming you are using Wifi) if it does not buffer with youtube it is probably due to the VPN being very busy, if they offer different servers in UK, try swapping around.
Old Mar 8th 2023, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

enter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond reputeenter has a reputation beyond repute

I want to use a fire stick to access Netflix etc using Nord VPN on smart TV. Do you know if it will work please.
Old Mar 9th 2023, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it does. It also works with BBC, ITV, HBO Max, Apple TV and Amazon. Possibly more but I haven't tried. The only think to consider is you need to sideload the apps. Downloader App—How to Download Apps on FireStick [2023] (firesticktricks.com)
Old Mar 12th 2023, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you