Forum Regular

vorsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English speaking vet in Zala area

There are:

2 English speaking vets in Nagykaniszka
2 In Keszethley
1 in Zalaszangrot
1 in Sarvar

These are practices where the vet himself speaks English. Adresses on request.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 1:38 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, I think experience has shown that just because they speak English, doesn't mean they are good and that they usually charge more....

We now use a Hungarian vet in Nagykanizsa who was highly recommended by Hungarians and found that his attitude and care for the animals is second to none - his prices are also Hungarian prices.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

vorsman is an unknown quantity at this point

Strangely, apart from 1 vet in keszthely, who did charge a lot we have never had that experience with the others. In fact I would say we are continually amazed at the low prices. 2 hour operation on 1 dogs eye plus 3 further control visits including all medicaments 16,000huf.

Normally we find that if a medicament is given by the vet the price charged is the same as the chemist and that no further visit charge is made. If it is a prescription the charge is 1000huf. For a control visit usually there is no charge.

This applies to all vets except Keszthely.

Maybe we have just been lucky.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:06 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think you have been lucky. I know a few people who have had a similar experience, particularly with one vet and some of the comments - spoken in Hungarian as they haven't realised we speak Hungarian.

We are just delighted to have found a vet who truly cares about animals, is willing to take the time to understand you and charges the "correct" prices.

Anyhow, as I mentioned on another thread, it would be nice for you to introduce yourself - I have an idea who you are but then I could be wrong.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Yes, I think you have been lucky. I know a few people who have had a similar experience, particularly with one vet and some of the comments - spoken in Hungarian as they haven't realised we speak Hungarian.

We are just delighted to have found a vet who truly cares about animals, is willing to take the time to understand you and charges the "correct" prices.

Anyhow, as I mentioned on another thread, it would be nice for you to introduce yourself - I have an idea who you are but then I could be wrong.
We too were lucky to find a really good vet...albeit in Szekesfehervar who speaks good English and charges Hungarian prices. The service is impeccable and the surgery is more modern that the vet we had in the UK. But I know that this is not always the case.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 3:13 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Likewise with boarding kennels. I think when you find a good one you stick with it. Fortunately, we only had to try two and not half a dozen, to find a vet that was good.