Digger47

Old Apr 13th 2018, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Digger47

Originally Posted by Expatrick
So long as there is no requirement for oxygen, etc.
I suspect that need would exclude a "fitness to fly" ticket
Old Apr 13th 2018, 11:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
I suspect that need would exclude a "fitness to fly" ticket
Possibly but I have seen accompanied + oxygen on scheduled flights, either way, let's hope there is a simple solution!
Old Apr 13th 2018, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, GBA77, at least some good news re Digger's health!

A bit OT but maybe helpful for the others:
My travel insurance company for travel outside the EU also ended the contract automatically when I turned 70 (used to cost me less than 20 € for a year including the USA etc).
At that age insurance gets really expensive ...

Re oxygen:
I've seen an old guy with an oxygen bottle on a flight from Miami back to Germany, so it is possible!
Old Apr 13th 2018, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

GBA77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Back to this EHIC business.

The hospital advised this morning that the payment side of things was under control etc.

That was this morning. It now appears as though what was said this morning is not correct this afternoon!

The family have this afternoon been advised that the state/hospital will only pay or consider costs while Digger is considered to be in an "acute stage" Thereafter payment is going to come into play. More info. will be available next week. No indication of amounts etc.

It may be that in a few weeks (or sooner) he can sit comfortably in a wheel chair. Then if the necessary permissions are in place Digger can be flown back to the UK el cheapo or otherwise.

The family are looking into various hospitals etc around where they live to see who would accept Digger in his current situation/condition.

Anyone have any idea where to get/buy wheel chairs etc in Hungary at a decent price? I have looked online and jeez you can buy a car cheaper. Maybe someone knows someone who knows ... you get the idea.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 6:20 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GBA77

The hospital advised this morning that the payment side of things was under control etc.

That was this morning. It now appears as though what was said this morning is not correct this afternoon!

The family have this afternoon been advised that the state/hospital will only pay or consider costs while Digger is considered to be in an "acute stage" Thereafter payment is going to come into play. More info. will be available next week. No indication of amounts etc.

It may be that in a few weeks (or sooner) he can sit comfortably in a wheel chair. Then if the necessary permissions are in place Digger can be flown back to the UK el cheapo or otherwise.

The family are looking into various hospitals etc around where they live to see who would accept Digger in his current situation/condition.

Anyone have any idea where to get/buy wheel chairs etc in Hungary at a decent price? I have looked online and jeez you can buy a car cheaper. Maybe someone knows someone who knows ... you get the idea.
I had a scout around, found this place on a Tripadvisor forum http://berlescentrum.hu/adatlap.php?...deszkoz-berles - it's in Budapest and rents out wheelchairs for 8,000 forint per month, (I think that's around 28 euros). A deposit of 5,000 forint needs to be paid, presumably returned when the wheelchair is. I imagine they deliver, although not sure.

I would have thought the hospital that Digger's in now would have been able to loan him a wheelchair - pretty cruel to kick him out without one if he can't walk.
Old Apr 13th 2018, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your support and guidance though this difficult time
Old Apr 14th 2018, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look on Facebook marketplace (tolókocsi). There are quite a few for sale from 10,000 ft. There were a couple cheaper that needed new bearings.

Best wishes to Digger for a speedy (and cheap) recovery.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 6:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by digger47
Thank you all for your support and guidance though this difficult time
I think you may not be Digger himself .

Whoever {{{{{ BIG HUGS}}}}}

A very difficult time for him and his family and friends.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I think you may not be Digger himself .

Whoever {{{{{ BIG HUGS}}}}}

A very difficult time for him and his family and friends.
His Daughter is in Hungary sorting out Diggers problems and is viewing and commenting on this thread
Old Apr 14th 2018, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Shotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the roughShotgun is a jewel in the rough

All the best to Digger.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this pointmawood47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dad upset a lot today over his wife leaving in all he wants to go home but I wish I had magic wand to get him home to get him speech therapy so I can understand and so he is not so frustrated when he trys to talk from daughter
Old Apr 14th 2018, 9:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Dad upset a lot today over his wife leaving in all he wants to go home but I wish I had magic wand to get him home to get him speech therapy so I can understand and so he is not so frustrated when he trys to talk from daughter
Must be very hard for you both.

Have you tried a picture board?

Does anyone know if these are easy to get in Hungary or perhaps from the hospital ?
Old Apr 15th 2018, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hired a wheelchair from this place last year. It cost 2000 forints for a week (no deposit required). I'm not sure if they also sell but they had workshop full of them, fixing them up, etc. It had the feel of a kind of charity place so might be worth a try. It is close to Mammut shopping centre in Budapest (Buda side near Szell Kalman Ter).

www.merek.hu/node/69

Last edited by rickster000; Apr 15th 2018 at 4:45 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think he could cope with being driven back to UK in a car? My car is very small so not ideal but I would be willing to take him if it helps.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 9:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Do you think he could cope with being driven back to UK in a car? My car is very small so not ideal but I would be willing to take him if it helps.
What a lovely offer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.