Reload this Page >

Coming to live in Jászszentandrás

Coming to live in Jászszentandrás

Old May 7th 2014, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

ecojon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coming to live in Jászszentandrás

Hello to everyone reading this.

My wife and I are setting off on our bicycles to come and buy a piece of land/house, probably in Jászszentandrás. We did a bike trip last year to the Black Sea and loved our time in Hungary. After searching around for some land to build our eco homestead dream, we decided to get back on the bikes and spend a few months looking first hand.

We are travelling through Hungary top to bottom and visiting friends in Serbia. I have noticed there are a few fellow 'Halifax' born brits living in the area (PaulinEger & Dave T) which would be great to get in touch with. And as I said, we are travelling the breadth of the country and would love to meet up with anyone who likes to share a beer and some good conversation.

Enjoy your day and look forward to being a community member soon!

Jon & Nic
Old May 8th 2014, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

gcroft is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coming to live in Jászszentandrás

Hello
Not quite Halifax but I am a Mancunian and my wife is a Scot.
Living near Pecs which is a beautiful place for a bike stop.
Pecsi beer is available!
Old May 8th 2014, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi gcroft

Setting off next week so should be around your area in about 6-8 weeks. I'll drop you a line when we are closer to arrange a meet up. Will need a few beers by then. Looking forward to it. Until then, enjoy!
Old May 9th 2014, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! Before you decide on a property you really should explore Northern Hungary.

I live in Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen some 60kms from Miskolc and 25km from Kosice (Slovakia) in a tiny village surrounded by the most glorious countryside ... rolling hills, valleys, woods and fields .... I love it!

Since coming here 7 years ago I've only met one Brit who lived some 100kms away from me. Despite not speaking much Hungarian I've been accepted as part of the community and am included in everything that goes on in my village and surrounding area. To me this is Hungary as it should be!

Good luck with your trip ... and enjoy!
Old May 9th 2014, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, just give me a shout when you're anywhere near Eger/Sirok/Bukkszek and I'll be happy to meet up.
There is a guy living in Jászszentandrás from Pellon Lane, Halifax I believe. Only met him once and can't remember his name though :/
Old May 10th 2014, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sachina
Welcome to the forum! Before you decide on a property you really should explore Northern Hungary.

I live in Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen some 60kms from Miskolc and 25km from Kosice (Slovakia) in a tiny village surrounded by the most glorious countryside ... rolling hills, valleys, woods and fields .... I love it!

Since coming here 7 years ago I've only met one Brit who lived some 100kms away from me. Despite not speaking much Hungarian I've been accepted as part of the community and am included in everything that goes on in my village and surrounding area. To me this is Hungary as it should be!

Good luck with your trip ... and enjoy!
Hi Sachina

Thanks for planting this seed of thought! As we have not been able to see any properties online for sale in that area, we discarded travelling up that way. But being a northerner and loving the mountains, we have decided to take a chance and have a look. Maybe we get lucky on our travels. It's a bit daunting not being able to converse with locals and makes finding/buying a property that way very difficult. If you know of any rural properties, let me know.

So let me know where your based and you'll find two seat sore cyclists sharing a drink with you shortly. Looking forward to it!
Old May 10th 2014, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
Hi, just give me a shout when you're anywhere near Eger/Sirok/Bukkszek and I'll be happy to meet up.
There is a guy living in Jászszentandrás from Pellon Lane, Halifax I believe. Only met him once and can't remember his name though :/
Hi PaulinEger

Seems like we are having a look around the north. So when we start heading south you will be our first port of call. Will contact you then to arrange a meet up. Until then, enjoy!
Old May 11th 2014, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

We are about 60km away from Jászszentandrás not far from the southern tip of Lake Tisza, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok isn't the 'blingiest' of Hungarian counties but we love it here
Old May 19th 2014, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

heli2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey hey hey more brits in the tisza neck of the woods we are other side of lake about 16k from tiszafured
Old May 19th 2014, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Zelda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ecojon,

Probably my husband and I are the first to greet you in Hungary, as you must ride our way from Austria. We live in Otteveny, an hour from Vienna, and even closer to the border. North West is nice too, as we are living near the Danube, and Ferto Lake and the National Park is not that far either. There is a new bicycle road between Abda and the historical city of Gyor, and quite a few on the way to here from Austria. Beware of the Hungarian drivers though, as they often drive carelessly and talking on the mobile phones. Not safe to ride on the single carriage ways.

Have a safe journey and enjoy your long trip across the Continent. You may end up buying a little house in Austria...it is beautiful there in the Alps.

LZ xx