Cladding

Old Apr 28th 2022, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cladding

Had some cladding done to the plinth around our house. Oh dear, when they did the front of the property one of the guys removed the support too early and it collapsed. Prior to that it looked good but re-doing it they made a hash of it. Both my wife and I were very disappointed so took photos and sent them along with an email to complain about it. I asked for the project manager to come see the state of it. Oops, he wasn't happy either. I don't think it was wholly the cladding guys fault because for two sides of the house they used cement they brought with them. When the cladding was delivered cement was also included but it appears it was the wrong kind! This is what they used for the front and it had very poor adhesion! The cladding guys panicked and rushed the job. So they were told to remove the worst sections, which was quite a bit, and re-do with a better quality cement.
I'm pleased to say they did an excellent job. They still need to come back once the new terrace is built.

Looking at it I'm wondering if we have overdone it! Smart or tacky?

Last edited by FenTiger; Apr 28th 2022 at 7:37 am.
Old Apr 29th 2022, 7:08 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cladding

The cladding is a matter of personal taste. I probably would have went for something more traditional looking with the appearance of large rough cut stone blocks with mortar. If the product you chose suits you and your wife that is all that matters.
Old Apr 29th 2022, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cladding

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
The cladding is a matter of personal taste. I probably would have went for something more traditional looking with the appearance of large rough cut stone blocks with mortar. If the product you chose suits you and your wife that is all that matters.
We had that on the front of the house. Neither of us liked it at all. I think the design of our house suited the style we chose. Anyway, everyone has their own taste. I pray no one says it reminds them of Vera Duckworth's house in Coronation Street!