Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Car Breakdown Cover

Car Breakdown Cover

Old Mar 27th 2013, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

PRIMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Breakdown Cover

If anyone can help, Were is the best place to get car breakdown cover here in Hungary ? Also how much does it cost for 1 year !!!! When i was in the UK i had R.A.C cover but here i have never seen it
Old Mar 27th 2013, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Breakdown Cover

From my understanding there's the "Magyar AutoKlub". I've been meaning to join for years but never got round to it.
Website here: http://www.autoklub.hu/
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Ditto autoklub but the car needs to be Hungarian registered.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Tanks PaulinEger's for the link !!!!! my car is Hungarian registered the insurance is a lot cheaper
Old Jun 17th 2013, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about
Default Car breakdown cover

Been to Robbie today (garage opposite Interspar that arranges your car registration to Hungarian) to get my annual fully comprehensive car insurance.
First note, they charged 20000Ft only for all the admin/messing about/ dropping me back home and picking me up to collect. If only all other tasks here were as straight forward.

I am the first to subscribe to the garages new Bosch annual breakdown cover called "europ assistance", no prizes or ceremony,and no commission, but here's the basics:
If the car is under 10 years old the best cover available is 6000ft/year, over 10 years old it rises to a massive 10000ft/year. This is a national 24hour cover not just Hungary, if you breakdown in Hungary they will take it to the nearest Bosch garage for repair and if applicable wil pay for up to 2 days digs or take you and the car back to your house. Outside Hungary you will have that option but you will have to pay extra for the tow back home.
Before someone asks for more detailed info I dont know yet. Robbie will get the main points translated and sent to me to post here. Autoklub are much the same only their charge is approx 18000Ft. I think it is excellent and certainly better than flagging someone down at the side of the street when you are in the middle of nowhere. Oh, you don't get a flash plastic card but it is a rigid cardboard one
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car breakdown cover

Sounds good. I wonder if the call centre staff speak English?
Old Jun 18th 2013, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Car breakdown cover

happened to be in Keszthely this morning and yes they always have an English speaking helpline.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

can anyone on here please tell me 100% if you bring a van from england transit or vivaro size do you have to pay tax on it to get it registeried hungarian ?? i have been told so many story;s i don,t know for sure what is right or wrong !!!!! if there is someone that knows for sure do you have any idea how much it cost in total from start to finish all expenses
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:52 am
Just Joined

flyer1946 is an unknown quantity at this point

On route from Bulgaria to Hungary last week we had the misfortune to suffer a broken fan belt which somehow nackered the cam belt (although it is located inside a cover!!) which caused major damage to the engine.

We broke down between Timisoara and Szeged on the Romanian side and called Green Flag who arranged for the car to be collected and taken to Szeged for repairs.

Green Flag offer Europe wide cover and for our 2003 Rover 75 it costs £150 so well worth the cost.

All is done through the UK call centre so no language issues.

Hope this helps!

John
Old Jul 14th 2013, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

John, if you don't need the Green Flag cover next year you will have to cancel it or they will help themselves from your bank account to another years premium. Guess how I know!
Old Jul 14th 2013, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flyer1946
On route from Bulgaria to Hungary last week we had the misfortune to suffer a broken fan belt which somehow nackered the cam belt (although it is located inside a cover!!) which caused major damage to the engine.

We broke down between Timisoara and Szeged on the Romanian side and called Green Flag who arranged for the car to be collected and taken to Szeged for repairs.

Green Flag offer Europe wide cover and for our 2003 Rover 75 it costs £150 so well worth the cost.

All is done through the UK call centre so no language issues.

Hope this helps!

John
Much the same as the AA cover we took out to travel here, although we didnt breakdown, as you say well worth the cost if you do.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

vorsman is an unknown quantity at this point

Just insured with Aegon, very competitive and English speaking rep. However within your Casco (or 5900huf) if 3rd party they provide breakdown cover in all of Europe and including Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Albania, , Serbia, Montenegro, BIH, Macedonia and Kososvo (think I will give the last one a miss!!). Howe ver it is restricted to 200€ per claim.

A bit of useless information from Keszethley to Dunkirk ferry port is 1544km, From the same to Instanbul is 1360km.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else have any recommendations for breakdown cover for a Hungarian car?

Many thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 10:34 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi
Anyone else have any recommendations for breakdown cover for a Hungarian car?

Many thanks
I looked a couple of years ago and Magyar Autoklub was the only one I could find.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

klarika will become famous soon enoughklarika will become famous soon enough
Default Car Insurance Recommendation Pls

Can any one recommend a good car insurance company? Currently we are with Alianze (something like that) who we are not impressed with them We would also like some sort of Car break down cover similar to AA RAC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.