Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

campsite in hungary

campsite in hungary

Old Aug 22nd 2013, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: campsite in hungary

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Surprisingly, Zalakaros has been the busiest place I have seen this summer - going by the numbers at the spa and more importantly, the crowds at my favourite two restaurants!
We just went to go to the spa, but decided to come home as I am used to having the place to myself....darn holidaymakers having fun....how dare they

Had a cheeky vino and salad on the way home though
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:38 am
Just Joined

tonymac83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heli2010
Balaton was definitely busy in July bit like Blackpool at May bank holiday

on our travels we did come across one that was for sale at low money it was diofahaz ady endre ut 12 szilvasvarad charming old lady was looking to sell up and retire
Hi heli2010, do you have any further details? thanks, tony
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:59 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

If you look where it is on the map, it is quite a distance from the usual route traveled by Western campers/caravaners. Personally, I think you might struggle if depending on passing traffic. I think this is the website
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:27 am
Just Joined

thanks RH, I've messaged you.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
If you look where it is on the map, it is quite a distance from the usual route traveled by Western campers/caravaners. Personally, I think you might struggle if depending on passing traffic. I think this is the website

Szilvásvárad - Funny enough we visited this area back in August. We actually went to see the horse stud farm and old horse carriage museum. The area is quite touristy but most cars (not rental) I saw belonged to Hungarians. I think this is a great area for hikers and mountain bikers.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Polgardi
We just went to go to the spa, but decided to come home as I am used to having the place to myself....darn holidaymakers having fun....how dare they

Had a cheeky vino and salad on the way home though
Bogacsz was jam packed too. Had to wait quite a while to get a large glass of barna sor!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:56 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Not a lot of Western caravaners I would imagine, they are only starting to venture as far as the Balaton and border areas, many haven driven up from Croatia. Apparently, having spoken to a few, the caravanning sites paint Hungary as a den of iniquity with villains around every corner!!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Carrot_Cruncher is on a distinguished road

There is a very good campsite near us, right on the banks of the Danube. I don't know if I can mention names, but Google Neszmely campsite and you will see it in the first results. It is very popular with the Dutch,provides all sorts of amenities and has been around at least as long as I've been backward and forward to this area. (13 years). It was out of action for a while following the Danube flooding but looking at it now you would never have guessed.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Carrot_Cruncher
There is a very good campsite near us, right on the banks of the Danube. I don't know if I can mention names, but Google Neszmely campsite and you will see it in the first results. It is very popular with the Dutch,provides all sorts of amenities and has been around at least as long as I've been backward and forward to this area. (13 years). It was out of action for a while following the Danube flooding but looking at it now you would never have guessed.
Thanks CC...i'll have a look
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

We thought about doing this once. It was a few years ago but we travelled around Hungary in a motor home and found it difficult to find 'good' campsites. We didn't want much really just clean, modern, functional washrooms and basic kitchen facilities. Thinking about it now and comparing the campsites to other european ones that we visited it seemed like the attitude in Hungary was 'thats the way it's always been' and there was no attempt to upgrade facilities to attract campers from other countries. Dutch are a good barometer for quality campsites. The best ones were around the Balaton or Budapest. A very good one at Eger next to the wine cellars brings back good memories
The problem is the very short season. I think if you found a good location and spent a lot of time marketing it to the Austrians, Germans and Dutch then it may be worthwhile but it would be a big gamble. We don't see many caravans travelling around so the main market would be motor homes.
Apartments are so cheap as well. Three bedroom apartments near us rent for about £30 a night.
Also I am not sure about the bureaucracy involved in setting up a new campsite.

Always thought that Hungary doesn't do enough to market itself to tourists...
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I don't understand why the season is so short. I found the same in France. I was there in September 2010 and the weather was still good but most of the campsites had already closed for the winter.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your response Cathy!

Very much my thoughts as well from travelling and Hungary!

I think we could extend the summer season to October possibly depending on location for the renters and longer for motorhomes etc. Also looking at converting outbuildings or maybe build a couple of chalets as well!

I think the bureaucracy differs from area to area.....i might be wrong, that's just what ive gathered so far on research.

It should be (well hopefully) reasonably straight forward!! =D
Old Oct 4th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tomsky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck to you follow your dreams then at least you can say you have tried I wish you all the best ...this was originally our idea but we are diverting to a different audience now and things seem to be looking good for us ...
My motto is if its meant for you it wont go past you follow them dreams mate and enjoy
Old Oct 4th 2013, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks tomsky, im certainly going to give it a go!

What's your new venture?
Old Oct 10th 2013, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Tomsky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

we are going for a motorcycle audience knowing a lot of bikers that travel through hungary both ways from Bulgaria Russia and greece so setting up with them in mind a little biker comfort and the odd tour ... Hungary has the benefit of being right in the middle of Europe so for us is perfect just about to sort a new house and get the rooms ready in the UK at the moment tying ends up dying to ge home though cant say how much i hate being in the UK now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.