Bins!

Old Jul 4th 2011, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bins!

Now here is a question I did not think I would be asking.....but does anyone know where I would get a sticker for my bin so that the waste men 'officially' take our waste when they come. We ended up buying a bin and they took it last week...

Many thanks
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:58 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bins!

Originally Posted by Polgardi
We ended up buying a bin and they took it last week...

Many thanks

They took the waste or the bin?

I think different villages have different systems. Some employ contractors for waste disposal and villagers pay a yearly charge, others are included in the village tax etc. This is the first I have heard of a sticker system but would assume that you purchase them from the mayors office or the municipality building/town hall of the town that you come under - probably the latter. I will check with hubby when he comes in as he takes to do with our refuse
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

We get ours automatically when we pay the hivatal twice a year for the bin collection.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 12:27 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

We used to have to buy tickets at the local council for 150 HUF. The system didn't seem to work too well as I guess a reduced cash payment would also result in an emptied bin. Now it is all paid through the Council Tax.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:24 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still wondering if they took the waste or the bin?
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

To clarify There was no bin here when we arrived so we bought one. We noted that all the other bins down the road had some kind of official sticker on them, so were not sure if the bin men would take the waste from our bin. Last week they did, but then a non local English person told us that we would need a sticker or they would not take the waste in the future. Its 'bin day' tomorrow so I will let you know
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:50 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Ah, I understand now, was it an "official" bin that you bought? We had to buy our bin from the municipality and it cost around 6,000 ft. They wouldn't collect it if it wasn't in an "official" bin and they won't collect more than one bin load - unless you buy a second bin. Thereafter, as far as I am aware, there is no further charge for collection, it is included in our tax.

Last edited by Rural Hungary; Jul 5th 2011 at 4:26 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

JackyB will become famous soon enoughJackyB will become famous soon enough

Hi I have a holiday home in Balatonlelle, and have just returned to UK. Even though i only come to Hungary three or four times yearly I pay for my refuse collection by direct debit all through the year , I pay every three months direct to refuse company, i dont have a bin i put out my black bags but i do have a sticker which authorizes refuse collectors to pick up 110 LTS. Refuse collection this time of year is Tues, Thurs and Saturdays. I have my sticker in my window which is visible to collectors. I think my neighbours take advantage of my sticker by putting their rubbish outside my house when im not there ha ha, which doesnt bother me.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Our stickers tend to peel off the bin but the collectors still empty it anyway. For about 6 months of the year the bin doesn't get put out as we rent our house out to tourists but still pay for the collection anyway.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Well they have taken bins second week in a row - so bin saga over for now