Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Asking for permission after a negative covid 19 test

Asking for permission after a negative covid 19 test

Old Jul 24th 2020, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

2017sunshine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Asking for permission after a negative covid 19 test

Has any one any ideas ? where to ask for permission after a negative covid 19 test , I've look on the official hu site and it tells you to ask for permission to be exempt after the first negitive test but doesn't actually tell you whom or where to ask ?

Last edited by 2017sunshine; Jul 24th 2020 at 5:02 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asking for permission after a negative covid 19 test

I would presume its the rendorseg as its them who check you are adhering to quarantine rules.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I would presume its the rendorseg as its them who check you are adhering to quarantine rules.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

good morning mr tiger apparently it's the ANTSZ which is the equivalent of our NHS. But the testing people are coming again today , they phoned at about 9.45 to say no food or drinking from 10.00. And after speaking to them last time they actually go out testing from 12.00 so I should get my last test results on Monday but I will ask him or her whom are the correct people to ask and if there is a telephone number ? Will let you know what they say after they have been !
Old Jul 25th 2020, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

ecurb is an unknown quantity at this point

We had the first test today but we had to go into Budapest to a special Police Station that has been set up to do testing. Results will be available in 24 -48 hrs. Our doctor organised this test.

As it has taken us so long to get the first test, it would appear by the time we get the results back for the second test, we will have already done 12 days.

So in our case we have not really achieved much.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

We might as well persevere with 14 days quarantine. We do have alot to do in mother in laws garden so as long as someone brings me my beers I'm happy.

Atleast it'll give me some spare time to practice on my ukele.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

There is an FAQ section on the Public health site which explains some of the details of the two test system
https://www.nnk.gov.hu/index.php/kor...zabalyok-celja
it is in hungarian but google translate gives a reasonable transalation.
Old Jul 25th 2020, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Had my 2 no test today 👍Results back on Monday when the doctors open !! I asked about the contact number to be released from quarantine early if you were negative on the first test and the person carrying out the test didnot know that there was one ? Said all the results go to your doctor and that was all he new ! Still it's been an excellent service from emailing my doctor on the Tuesday asking about the test to getting my last results next Monday cannot be bad 👌
Old Jul 25th 2020, 4:42 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
We might as well persevere with 14 days quarantine. We do have alot to do in mother in laws garden so as long as someone brings me my beers I'm happy.

Atleast it'll give me some spare time to practice on my ukele.

Ha Ha! Good one!

Old Jul 26th 2020, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Old Jul 26th 2020, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

I think you, when you hear the result, you have to contact your local district's Public health department, asking them to release the quarantine, they should know about your test results, they are all on a central computer system, they do not automatically release the quarantine, you have to ask.
You also have to pay 3000 ft, for this early release of the quarantine.

If you do not do this process, the quarantine will still be in effect for the 14 days, and if you have any dealing with the Police, they will expect you to be at your place of quarantine. Effectively you could be fined for breaking the quarantine.

The contact details of your local Public health department should be on the official quarantine document that they send you a day or two after your arrival (we received this via email).

I hope that helps.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

After 14 days self isolating do we need doctor check up? Or are we free to step outside beyond the gate without?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

My understand is it is automatic, your document for your quarantine should have the exact time it finishes, ours in midnight. Then you are "free".

But obviously, if you experience any symptoms that could indicate an infection during the 14 days you are obliged to contact a doctor.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ecurb
My understand is it is automatic, your document for your quarantine should have the exact time it finishes, ours in midnight. Then you are "free".

But obviously, if you experience any symptoms that could indicate an infection during the 14 days you are obliged to contact a doctor.
The document we were given didn't state a time, only date we entered Hungary, being Wednesday 22nd July. So effectively 14 days ends midnight on Tuesday 4th August. Or is it 14 x 24 hour periods?
Wife wanted to ask the police to confirm our self isolation ended on Tuesday 4th but they didn't get out of their police car.

Last edited by FenTiger; Aug 2nd 2020 at 2:37 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hello mr Tiger the first time I came back to Hungary 2nd April it was x 24 hrs x 14 days as I showed the airport paper work to the police office that came to check me daily , the day before and pointed at the time which in my case was 12.55pm and got the thumbs up for the same time the next day ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.