Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Apartment Management

Apartment Management

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

mohctep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apartment Management

Hello. I am sure this topic came up before but I could not find anything recent . So here it goes again; I am in need of apartment manager .
I just ended my contract with one. Does anyone know reliable, English speaking agent who can manage my apartment for a reasonable price?
So far the ones I dealt with all thought that because I live outside of Hungary I am stupid and will pay stupid prices for everything (mngmnt, renovations, etc).
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 3:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apartment Management

Originally Posted by mohctep
So far the ones I dealt with all thought that because I live outside of Hungary I am stupid...
Considering your comment in another thread, I suggest they're not necessarily incorrect.

Ian
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 6:08 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. I am sure this topic came up before but I could not find anything recent . So here it goes again; I am in need of apartment manager .
I just ended my contract with one. Does anyone know reliable, English speaking agent who can manage my apartment for a reasonable price?
So far the ones I dealt with all thought that because I live outside of Hungary I am stupid and will pay stupid prices for everything (mngmnt, renovations, etc).
Hi and welcome to the forum. Once you have another post, PM me if you wish and I can give you details of a friend in Budapest. She isn't an apartment manager however, she has rental property of her own, used to work in real estate and speaks fluent English. She has also renovated her own properties and thus has contacts should you require them.
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

rammy100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a great group of guys who manage my Budapest apartment. They charge a reasonable fee, provide a good service and run a building company so easily take care of any jobs that need to be done.

If you would like me to put you in contact with them, drop me a pm with your email address.

Dave
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Good to know I have some options.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Still looking for apartment manager.
Probably would have to go with large agency, such as Duna. I am simply baffled that in Budapest where many complain that there are no jobs and income is too low for EU standards I cannot find anyone willing to work for money. From lawyers to repair man to management companies. I am willing to pay market rates and in some cases I have paid top market rate and still I cannot get these folks to even answer my e-mails.
I am from Eastern EU myself and expect all of this inherently, but I was not prepared to this level of indifference.
Am I just out of luck or is it modus operandi in Hungary?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:08 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried Rammy's chap?
Will reply to PM asap.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

rammy100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still looking for apartment manager.
Probably would have to go with large agency, such as Duna. I am simply baffled that in Budapest where many complain that there are no jobs and income is too low for EU standards I cannot find anyone willing to work for money. From lawyers to repair man to management companies. I am willing to pay market rates and in some cases I have paid top market rate and still I cannot get these folks to even answer my e-mails.
I am from Eastern EU myself and expect all of this inherently, but I was not prepared to this level of indifference.
Am I just out of luck or is it modus operandi in Hungary?
I'm guessing you are the chap who's just emailed me in which case I have replied and copied my contact in so you can talk. You won't have the problems you have described with him.

Thank you Rural Hungary, I appreciate the thought.

Dave
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:35 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

No problem, sending you a PM
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Thank you everyone for your help. I'll try my luck.

P.S. Can anyone advise on what should I expect for the basic charge from Electrical Co. in Budapest? The apartment is empty and none using electricity but my bills are consistently 12000 HUF. It seems too high doesn't it?
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 4:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Thank you everyone for your help. I'll try my luck.

P.S. Can anyone advise on what should I expect for the basic charge from Electrical Co. in Budapest? The apartment is empty and none using electricity but my bills are consistently 12000 HUF. It seems too high doesn't it?
They should refund any over payment at year end. How long have you owned the property?
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

I owned it since November 2012. The owners moved out with zero certificate for utilities. So there is no left over charges.
With an empty apartment, for the last 3 months the bills are 12000 a month or slightly over. I'd expect some basic Monthly charge from Electric Co., but not around USD50/month.
Am I on some sort of "balanced" payment plan that has remained from the previous owners?
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 4:59 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Basically yes, they will have estimated your usage from the previous owners bills. If Budapest is the same as here, there should have been a meter reading taken last month and if relevant, a refund given for any over payment. I'm assuming the meter is accessible and not inside the property?
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for clarification. The meter is probably inside the apartment, which complicates this a bit. But once I have a manager for my apt. hopefully it would be resolved.
Thank you again for your help.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

zsofi is an unknown quantity at this point

try Hew from http://www.westcliff.hu/Services/, he is really nice, knows his stuff and fluent in Hungarian too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.